Picking up Trek 950 and cycling from Newport to Bristol

Diggdydog

Muddy Fox Fan
Currently sat eating my lunch after a great day of riding. About to cross the Severn bridge back into England!

Picked up the Singletrack 950 from @wicket this afternoon and I'm currently cycling it back from Newport to Bristol. What an awesome bike and beautiful country. Also the weather helps...

Probably too many photos, but it's seriously stunning out here.
Cheers again mate! PXL_20210804_130620807.jpg PXL_20210804_142022600.jpg PXL_20210804_142248550.jpg PXL_20210804_135414124.jpg PXL_20210804_145741870.jpg PXL_20210804_151900429.jpg

On the train back to Paddington now - accidentally looped back on myself and had to absolutely hammer it to Bristol for a 6.30 train. Along with a very hilly diversion, I'm definitely grateful to be sat on the train for a bit now. 10 more miles when I'm back but it'll be nice to not have to race the clock anymore...

Nice to meet you. Did the bike go ok?
Nice meeting you too! The bikes faultless, absolutely loved riding it. I was originally going to put sweep bars on it, but it's comfortable already and I love how original it looks (bar a few tasteful upgrades). I'm still glad I bought my Cannondale as it taught me a bunch of maintenance stuff, but I don't think I'll have much to do on this one. Very cool bike

Lovely route that is, did you get to ride that nice bit of coastal gravel just before Caldicot, it's always a favourite stretch of mine. This is how all bike collections should go (apart from the time pressure).

Stunning bike as well @wicket bikes are always stunning so got yourself a banger there.

Lovely route that is, did you get to ride that nice bit of coastal gravel just before Caldicot, it's always a favourite stretch of mine. This is how all bike collections should go (apart from the time pressure).

Stunning bike as well @wicket bikes are always stunning so got yourself a banger there.
I'm not too sure, but I don't think so. I definitely went into Caldicot just following the Route4! I was quite enjoying having 0 responsibility for navigation haha

Will hopefully return with some friends before summer is over to get some camping in too. Would definitely do the same stretch again

Well I say it's on the coast, you can't actually see the coast tbf, but it's a nice section of straight flat gravel on route 4:

IMG_20210619_081619304_HDR.jpg

Most of the welsh Sustrans outside of the cities are beautiful and rather easy to navigate so definately worth returning 👍

Back