Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (last change, 100% finished)

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (few new pics 23rd June)

Painter said he wanted to cry having to do this to it ........... still you have to break an egg or two to make an omellete eh :)

Re:

Bit of an update:

Had some extra custom made decals done, just couldn't find the "Made in France" ones any where either so had them made by the same guy that did the "Racing Team" and vertical Peugeot words.

My painter got the base coat on this time using a pink primer and then I put the decals on:

And today I've had the 1st pic back of it with its clear coat .......... looks amazing imho. What do you guys think ?

Just waiting for my 753 decals from Reynolds, then I can collect and start the build.

Re:

Awesome! really good paintjob. I like the Racing Team decals, they really suit it. Really looking forward to seeing this ready and built. I am still sourcing the right wheels for my 653 (the one I bought off you) for mine to be ready so looking at this one to keep me working on it :)

Re:

Thanks Jules, be good to see some pics of the Athena once youv'e built it.

As the 753 team rep was sold as a frame rather than a complete bike they didn't have a bike name on them like the athena has, so it had the racing team ones on it instead. No body seems to sell them. Lucky enough they also put the same decal on some of the cheaper end bikes which my friend has one off so I was able to have these made from pictures and measurments.

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (frame finished 31st July)

The frame is now finished, picked it up from my painter today, bought it home and put the last few custom decals on that go on top of the clear along with the Genuine Reynolds 753 decals and the white stripe detail around the rear stays.

Feels like 1989 again and I've just had it delivered.

Paint by MRCreations
Custom Decals by Delcals
Downtube Decals from H Lloyd

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (Finished 18th Aug)

Well she's all finished and built, this is the frame that I had when I was 14 but never finished. Its been built to how I intended on building it back in the day. The hardest bit was finding the correct decals, nobody did the vertical Peugeot words, The Racing Team or the Made in France ones so I had to have them custom made.

Full spec list:

Frame & Forks Peugeot / Reynolds 753 in 1989 / 90 Team Z Colours
Groupset Shimano 600 Ultegra (with Bio Pace Crank)
Wheels Mavic 4CD with Mitch Hi-Lite 700c x 18 Tyres
Cinelli XA stem (mirror polished) and Cinelli Bars
Campag Record C seat post and bolt
Turbo Saddle (soon to go back to Rolls)
Campag Aero Bottle
Avocet Computer

Here's the pics, hope you like and as always feedback good or bad welcome.

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (Finished Aug New pics P3)

That is beautiful and well done! everything looks perfect on it and hope it rides as well as it looks.

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (Finished Aug New pics P3)

I've never really liked 80's / 90's Peugeot's but this bike will change this, damn it's nice! Paintjob is stunning!

Back