Personal Weight Weenie, FINISHED Pg10 (for now)

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
I’ve started dragging some bits and bats together for a winter weight weenie project, but whilst perusing the forum I did start thinking about my own excess weight & the simple fact that I might gain my biggest performance improvement by tackling this first.

Ok so I can’t just buy a set of carbon legs and a titanium torso, I might just have to do some work and stay motivated, so I thought ok, let’s do thread on here... I’ll update my loss as I go on and you lot (if you wanna join in) can abuse/support/heckle from the side lines...& if anyone feels like doing the same feel free to post progress on here too.

Right, ten years ago when I left London for rural Yorkshire I was 14st and could happily cycle for miles so that’s my target by Mountain Mayhem 2020 next June.

03-08-19 STARTING WEIGHT 18st 12.5lb (01-01-21 peak 19st 13lb) 16-09-21 CURRENT WEIGHT 14st 12lb EC6675AD-80E5-4D85-979A-A0A19F8EB362.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

Sounds like fun.

Are you going for simple (!) weight loss or are you working on improving fitness too?
Harder to measure fitness perhaps but I expect the two aspects can be related.

I'm with you buddy. Myself, I'm making efforts to improve fitness, trying to make time for riding that has been so limited in recent years, to get back to a decent ability to cycle.

I'm not measuring weight because I don't have a target or benchmark but I will be looking at sector times on my regular routes. Mayhem next year, assuming the course is the same, will be my test too.

Best of luck with it!

Chris

What a great project - with perhaps untold benefits, that photo which I’m assuming G-Force Gerry took (aka Gerard) whose real name isn’t Gerard :shock: is such a happy picture - good times

You - KingBling (Clive) - Myshrall (Rich) and Jazzibizznizz

Out of the 48 Retro riders at this years Mayhem at least 30 of us could easily join you (Mike Muz need not apply) and then Regan could clear up as none of last years jerseys would fit unless you wanted super baggy fit -

Folk won’t recognise you next June especially if your ridding a Trek

I know a few people that have enjoyed the challenge of 'Couch to 5K'. might be worth looking in to? My dad has just started at the age of 76!! 6 or 8 week programmes.

Noble aim, best of luck!

Re:

I'm with you. Hate looking at photos of myself because of my size and decided to try and lose weight. A few years ago I actually managed to lose 2 stone in 6 months purely by monitoring what I eat but put it back on after my accident left me housebound for months. I'm now concentrating more on fitness than just weight loss with all of my health problems so have bought a variety of gym equipment for home use so I don't have to go to the gym (I can't work out around other people for fear of being judged) but hopefully by New year I will be a lot happier in myself.

Determined this time to make it a success.

I’m in. I shall declare my weight once I have filled up. This is just the motivation I need.

Oooh. Everyones' weight weeny projects are so personal. What works for one may not work for another.

As a slightly more generously proportioned gent I have found 'eat less, move more' works.

I'll be interested what each individual component weighs at the end of it...

I must say, you look good for 18st! when someone says those sort of weights i imagine some big sumo type figure :LOL:

Before my major accident 3yrs ago weight was never a problem for me, since then though my metabolism has changed and i have put on quite a lot of weight/fat. Apparently a common issue with major trauma. No matter what i try it doesnt seem to make a difference so i just focus on fitness now.

Like LGF says above, everyone is different. I was a coach for many years and coached and trained begineers up to international competitors. The only constant regarding weight loss i found was to burn more calories than you consume, that simple. Does not matter what you eat, if you do not burn off more than the carrot and leaf you ate for dinner then it doesnt matter :)

Cheers guys for the support, just what I was expecting to be honest and I had hoped for something left field from LGF, to which he has delivered :LOL:

I’m not trying to do anything crazy, but the simple plan is this;

1.Eat a lot less crap (sugar/cake/snacks etc)
2.Eat more veg
3. Eat less red meat
4. Continue to cycle as much as time alows...
5. Oh and the wife reckons portion control might help!

Latest posts

Back