peaks ride, sat 29th may 2021 9am meet for 9.30 depart

A few parking tips chaps

The carpark on the Moscar descent you have suggested sounds good, but fills quickly.
there is some space which isnt too far away. Just above, on the strines turnoff, follow the road and take the first right at the junction with the signpost and there is some space offroad nearby. Its about 1km from your suggested carpark, but it's a short freewheel from there to the proposed meeting.

there are spaces at Ladybower and a pay-for carpark there also, but you would have to ride up the A57 to the meeting carpark. Use only designated parking spots around ladybower, traffic wardens have got ultra keen for anyone leaving it beyond their time or in undesignated spots

there is free road parking if you drop from your carpark to ladybower and carry on A57 manchester direction so that ladybower is on your left. this also fills quickly and you'd have to ride up to the meet

there are one or 2 spaces just below your car park at Sheepwash bridge, but be careful - inconsiderate parking might find you hemmed in and unable to get your car out.

have a good day, forecast is good

Just to add to the parking advice above; there are now new parking restrictions in the Peak, as of this month until Sept 2022, they are being enforced too, and as already said they are very active around Ladybower. The new restrictions, meant to enforce social distancing, are all over the peak, they have bought in new regulations for parking anywhere except most pay and display carparks, including most laybys and other little spots, even if off the road and previously legal. There are signs posted in most area's, they are the same signs as planning permission signs and zip tied to posts, they explain the roads where parking is now illegal, usually for a mile or so in every direction from a pay and display.

These frames will be available for £15 each and some other bits and bobs too. Forks a £25 with a nice long threaded steerer

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_183423.jpg
    IMG_20210528_183423.jpg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210528_183658.jpg
    IMG_20210528_183658.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 12
Unfortunately I think I'll have to drop out. I've only just finished rebuilding my bike, and I haven't been able to take it for a shakedown, test ride yet. None of it's been ridden on. Not even the wheels since I rebuilt them. It's too much of a risk to take an untested bike for a long ride. Have fun, everyone.

Back