Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

It is a sexy looking bike. Especially in that red. How modern you wanting to go with geometry?
Is it gonna be more of a mile muncher, or mess around on steeps, type of steed?
Really just a muck about on the easier runs, stuff that this should deal with in its stride but really challenges my retro stuff perhaps a bit too much (which of course is fun, but sometimes is just a bit too much like hard work tbh)

Cant beat a chromed frame, smoked chrome looks great too. You can also get some pretty convincing chrome paints these days.

So what number are you down to?

or is that all over?
Sold the Overbury’s frame & the Y-Trek as a complete bike, (although judging from the for sale section it’s no longer a whole bike) sold a small ‘97 Cape frame & a ‘92 Oracle.
Another Oracle & the ‘93 Cape, the Cannondale & Lotus frames due to go on eBay… so when they go my personal frame/bike count will be down to 17, Our Jimmy’s has 7, Miss Peachy 2, Mrs Peachy 2 & my sister has 2 here (although I’m thinking of sticking them in the loft)
So that’s a house count of 30 down from 57…

Cant beat a chromed frame, smoked chrome looks great too. You can also get some pretty convincing chrome paints these days.
Might also consider a real retro makeover and re-spray various details/components in fluorescent yellow and re draw the RC529 graphics in RC100 style…
But first I’ve got to slowly slowly buy kit for it, I say slowly because I thought retro kit was blood steep then I started to search for modern kit and was a little surprised!
ps..Why is the modern XTR so much more than XT?

Sold the Overbury’s frame & the Y-Trek as a complete bike, (although judging from the for sale section it’s no longer a whole bike) sold a small ‘97 Cape frame & a ‘92 Oracle.
Another Oracle & the ‘93 Cape, the Cannondale & Lotus frames due to go on eBay… so when they go my personal frame/bike count will be down to 17, Our Jimmy’s has 7, Miss Peachy 2, Mrs Peachy 2 & my sister has 2 here (although I’m thinking of sticking them in the loft)
So that’s a house count of 30 down from 57…
That’s a good job done.

Back