[Paul] brake levers

£58.45 | Chris King gripnut ec34 1-1/8 Headset for Brompton
The small font at the top of the headset on these copies used to be all wrong with slanty letters but this looks pretty good now. Beware of buying any bikes with Pauls/King stuff hanging on it in the future! I can imagine going to China and seeing everyone riding about on BSO's with expensive bling hanging off it on every corner.😂

Might take the chance on a set of brake levers.. would be a bit more circumspect with a set of cranks..

I just don’t get this at all. If you’re happy with the Chinese quality then why pretend it’s another brand. And if you like Paul’s then support Paul, no?

One word 'cost'

The people who buy them are the same kind of folks who would buy fake Nike trainers or market stall Louis Vuitton handbags.. they know they're buying fake goods but they're trying to superficially fool passers by.. why do they care? .. i dunno, low self esteem maybe?

Folks make copies because these are established brands who have either spent decades building a good rep, a'la Paul or millions on marketing budgets a'la Nike.. this investment of time/money can be bypassed by selling fakes.

You make a good quality non branded pair of MiC brake levers and spend zero money marketing them, nobody will buy them because they wont show up in search results, you make the same lever with Paul branding.. it appeals to the cheapskates mentioned above, who're searching for Love Levers but don't want to spend £100+ supporting Paul.

Latest posts

Back