ParkPre Mountain Comp: urban transport sled

I'm still hanging onto this and tinkering with it -- the stepson will be married with kids by the time I can bring myself to let go . . .

Anyway, latest changes -- added a cheap Chinese front rack from eBay -- it's tiny but will serve as the foundation for a basket. Apparently Ikea kiddies' toy storage baskets are ideal and not expensive.

The second major change is the Maxxis Hookworm tyres. He's unlikely to go off-road and the 2.5-inch rubber will give him a nice smooth ride on the streets of Melbourne. (Plus, I want the previous Michelin Country Rocks for another build that will probably end up combining tarmac and fire roads.)

Apologies for the hasty photo -- I'll put up some more detail soon.
IMG_7400-2.jpg

Last edited:
OK this is finally going off to its prospective owner, my stepson in Melbourne. I'm currently boxing it up so took a quick shot of the latest (final?) incarnation prior to removing wheels, handlebars, etc.

Minor changes are a shorter, steeper stem off a small Fire Mountain which I think will suit a more upright riding position for the boy who is not a very experienced cyclist, and a different pair of pedals, this anodised in tomato red as I wanted the black ones for a fixie I'm building for his brother.

I think overall the bike will suit boy #1's skater-dude lifestyle, being more of a cruisy build than an out-and-out urban assault weapon. The saddle will be much lower than in this pic as he's about 5' 8".

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 15
Did you happen to still have these shift biscuit pulleys? I've got a NOS upper, but im missing the lower sealed bearing tension pulley.

Back