1996 Wilderness Trail Bikes Phoenix SE

I regularly regret selling my Phoenix and this thread's not helping in the slightest!
I'm sorry Adrian, also I sold yours which was by far too small for me. After I bought yours, my Journey and Phoenix destiny begun. WTB Phoenixe are definitely best riding steel MTB imho

Sharing some of my journey since then to complement this nice thread from Phil and to warn you all, there is a high potential for addiction ;)

IMG_20191117_195847~2.jpg
1994 Phoenix SE (suspension corrected)
IMG_20200708_141057.jpg
1998 SE suspension corrected with Sab Cam on Judy WTB brace
Screenshot_20230116-203425.png
1997 Phoenix TI #2 prototype with Hayes Disc
Screenshot_20230116-202955.png
One of the first and last Phoenix (93 18" non suspension and 99 29"er)
Screenshot_20230116-203051.png

Lovely collection Matthias. One day I'll have another......

I'm sorry Adrian, also I sold yours which was by far too small for me. After I bought yours, my Journey and Phoenix destiny begun. WTB Phoenixe are definitely best riding steel MTB imho

Sharing some of my journey since then to complement this nice thread from Phil and to warn you all, there is a high potential for addiction ;)

View attachment 696392
1994 Phoenix SE (suspension corrected)
View attachment 696394
1998 SE suspension corrected with Sab Cam on Judy WTB brace
View attachment 696396
1997 Phoenix TI #2 prototype with Hayes Disc
View attachment 696397
One of the first and last Phoenix (93 18" non suspension and 99 29"er)
View attachment 696399

Never realized before that your '94 SE was suspension corrected.

Did you have the fork built for it Matthias?

I believe that bike is now with another RBer, too. Right?

And he still hasn't made a thread for it... @iveto1983 ;)

That sticker is one of my favorite things about it! And I'm glad this frame isn't the one getting the repaint!

So in a very odd coincidence I just met the original owner of Mesa Cycles. We had a great conversation about mountain biking. He's a really cool guy. I showed him your bike with the Mesa Cycles sticker and he thought it was pretty awesome too. I love the vintage MTB community. It's such a small world.

So in a very odd coincidence I just met the original owner of Mesa Cycles. We had a great conversation about mountain biking. He's a really cool guy. I showed him your bike with the Mesa Cycles sticker and he thought it was pretty awesome too. I love the vintage MTB community. It's such a small world.

That's amazing mate!

Love to hear that. Made my day! Thanks.

I was told it’s called “Marin time”, and i have a wheel build over at Steve ‘Gravy’ Gravenites that’s in this time zone 😉

Back