Paramount tourer

Rode the 55mile at L'eroica on the Paramount did all the climbs and nailed the descents even the loose gravely bits over taking many riders on the way :D . The bike didn't falter no punctures or mechanicals, I only let it down with some poorly timed shifting :facepalm:

Attachments

• 20160619_081610.jpg
    20160619_081610.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 423
Looks great! Very smart with its guards.
Glad it ran as good as it looks and didn't disappoint after all your work.

Jamie

NIce one mate and that's one impressive machine going by what you've said about your ride and it's one hell of a bike, you really do look the part in your cycling gear mate :cool: so what's next up for your little beauty then eh! ..

Thanks Jamie, Muddypaw

I'm going to do the L'ancienne in Ulverston next, should it be wet I will be using the Paramount but I'm hoping for dry weather to take the Perry out

Either way wether it's dry or not just enjoy yourself and let us know how well it goes and you never know you just might finish 1st ;) ..

As my tag says Muddypaw "Its all about the cake really" I love riding for fun its all that matters thanks for the support but unless the rest of them are riding 3speeds finishing 1st is a dream and hey we can all dream I won the TdF last night hahahahaha

It maybe all about the cake mate mm Cake! :facepalm: , now look what you've done to me :facepalm: :LOL: but yes i know it's all for fun and wining maybe is just anything but a dream but like you quite rightly said we can all dream and what do you mean you won the tour de france last night as i'm pretty certain you were trailing in 3rd place behind me while i crossed the finish line on my old 3 speed BSA :LOL: .

Your damn right though mate as i've lost count of how many times i've imagined crossing that finish line in 1st place over the years but one day i will actually be there to see the riders crossing that finish line as that's one dream i know i can make a reality ..

Re:

This is what a Paramount looks like here in the states.

Real nice to see the English cousin, although there is no actual relation beyond the namesake.

Attachments

• 1978 Schwinn Paramount P-15 web.jpg
    1978 Schwinn Paramount P-15 web.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 352
Yes the name is the only link but their both great looking bikes in their own special way and i'd have both given the chance ;) ..

@ muddy paw 3rd noway I heard you and Contador were done for mechanical doping :p

@ Lewisfoto I did see a couple of schwin paramounts at l'eroica and lovely bikes they were too :)

Back