Paletti frame, next project

jamesdak

Old School Hero
Just thought I'd share this here, my latest find. It's a beautifully built and painted Paletti but I have no clue as to the model. Currently planning on building it up with a Campagnolo 10 speed Record groupset I have on hand. Mix in some Eurus rims and Cinelli bars and I think it'll turn out just fine.

Here's some pics of the frame:

168979450.jpg

168979467.jpg

168979459.jpg

168979448.jpg

168979449.jpg

168979460.jpg

168979463.jpg

168979461.jpg

168979455.jpg

168979451.jpg

Re:

Paletti's are very very expensive and hard to find but in my opinion, that frame is a piece of art, built with the best materials... And superb paint; pearl white with blue deails and the exact ammount of chrome.... Did you notice this is one of my dreamed frames ? Congrats for the project!!

By coincidence, I finally am getting around to this one. Landed a pretty much mint looking silver Chorus 9 speed groupset for it. For now it will get some nice silver handbuilt wheels I have on hand but I'll be looking for some sweet tubulars for it once the bike funds recover. I've settled on using a silver 3T mutant stem which should match up well with the frame. Headset with be a new Record one, of course.

Here's a quick pic I snapped yesterday as I mocked it up to measure for the proper size stem.

169211512.jpg

Stunning.

Paletti has his shop in Modena, near where my wife's family live. He has kept loads of his old vintage frames- all hanging up in the shop. I'd give my right arm for one of his frames. One had a gold Campag super record groupset

https://www.ciclipaletti.com/

Check out the vintage tab. He's redone the website and there aren't so many shown as there used to be.

There was a stunning black frame with roses adorning the tubes. Absolutely wonderful. I asked him if any of them were for sale and he just looked at me blankly then walked off to serve someone else (that will be a "no" then :) )

Re:

I do feel so lucky to get my hands on this one. It's more art than bike in some ways. He is such a superb master.

Back