I know the purple can sometimes be seen as a bit chavish but on this bike and in the way it's been done, I can't see how it could have been done any better. Nice build.

KDM":2t7xb8pf said:
I know the purple can sometimes be seen as a bit chavish but on this bike and in the way it's been done, I can't see how it could have been done any better. Nice build.

I know where you're coming from BITD I bought an ex demo Pace (still have it) and despite paying good iron for it I systematically set about replacing the Purple Anno ....as I hated it :roll:

Retro Spud":2ekn04bg said:
unit3":2ekn04bg said:
Would be good to get these two estranged brothers to meet up some time....

Niall

now that would something! any plans to take it to Icon-O-Classic this year ?
I know you've more than a few nice ones in the stable

where did this one come from ? I think someones been holding out on us...as I've never seen your build thread for it

Hi mate, sorry I didn't want to hijack your thread. Your's is a stunning build :cool:

I have considered going to icono-O with one or 2 of my collection (thankyou for the nice comment :cool: ) but not sure they would be what people want to see :|

I must confess, I did not build this one up, I took ownership of it from the original owner who bought the frame and built it up all brand new in 93'ish.
The only things I have done to it is change the bars and stem, pedals and a set of smoke/darts and some NOS ati fork boots.

Retro Spud":2ekn04bg said:
Prior to seeing yours the only one I knew of was the Red Anno one belonging to Minor Legend

has yours go the same drilled out backend as his ?

It does yes, a very nice little touch I think.
I will confess, I owned Minor legend's badly faded anno red one for a year or so but didn't do anything with it, another member has it now, though im tempted to get it back....

I will pop a thread up on it if you guys want to see more of it? :)

Re:

Small post Mountain Mayhem update,

The old girl did me proud, okay were we part of a 10 man team so only got a couple of laps in on it, but boy were they great ones…had me grinning from ear to ear.
Like a lot of the other retro rigs it got a lot of looks and comments, especially when sat in the transition area awaiting the handover, not sure if it was the rather subtle use of Purple, the M2 forks with approx. 25mm of travel, Canti brakes and snowflakes at both ends or all of the above and the fact no one else was running 26 inch rims

Ready for battle and still shinny

Waiting in the transition area

Hate this photo but it’s the only one I have of it on the course

Post ride (lap 1) Despite previous years being muddy as hell this year was another dry(ish) one

gotta lot of polishing to do before it goes to Icon-O-Classic in a few weeks

Re:

minor_LEGEND":10f19wbv said:
So cool now it's built.
Snowflake rear wheel though!!! Non-drive side maybe but both sides jeez. Does the rear wheel feel tight?

Love the bike though.

and for the doubting Thomas's ....of which Mr Legend is only one of dozens

I forgot to mention the rear snowflake is still going strong, perhaps its more to do with my
fortunate choice of a Pulstar hub and straight pull spokes or perhaps I was just got lucky again and one day it will collapse on me

either way its ready to roll for another outing, more than can be said for the Manitou

Re:

I think it's fair to say, of the early 90's alloy hand built frames, the uk got it right.
20 years later and they are easily as able to withstand a bit of punishment as they were BITD.
Unfortunately the same can't be said for more expensive frames from the same period (as we both know from bitter experience)

I gave my Ozone a spanking on the beach with the father in law a couple weeks back, a bit of clean and oil, good as new :-D

(Yes, I need more sun on my legs....)

Ozone CO2

Yin and Yang when 4291 met 31191 and Yes the front tyre on the silver one is the wrong way round :facepalm: (easily sorted by turning the whole lot around)

but first off spot Shaun

Attachments

• Purple Ozone CO2.jpg
    Purple Ozone CO2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 435
  • Ozone CO2 serial number.jpg
    Ozone CO2 serial number.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 437
  • Ozone CO2.jpg
    Ozone CO2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 436
  • Ozone CO2 pair.jpg
    Ozone CO2 pair.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Ozone Pair CO2 MALVERN.jpg
    Ozone Pair CO2 MALVERN.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 436
  • CO2 Ozone Pair.jpg
    CO2 Ozone Pair.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Ozone CO2 dirty.jpg
    Ozone CO2 dirty.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 436
:cool: beautiful, more so together. I would like to say i wouldnt change a thing, but.

Back