Orbit MTB - Dad memorial bike build

Well, i started to look at my dads memorial build.
From looking around the garage its base is going to be this:-

Orbit MTB frame
Pace RC 35 forks (1" steerer needed). Unfortunately the orbit forks are 21.1mm internal steerer and so restricts my stem options, but i am going to paint the forks up so they can be used if i can find a suitable stem later.
Headset - 1" in silver, model not known yet.
Stem - Orange SK8.
Brakes - Magura HS
Seat post - USE or other suitable 27.0mm seatpost.
Cranks - Middleburn or maybe Hope (if i can find in square taper and blue or Silver)
Bottom bracket - Hope Ti square taper.
Bars - Pace Sub 130 or Orange Hot Rod.
Wheels - Front - Hub Hope in aluminium (but may swap for pace carbon) / Spokes - Hope Ti Dye / Rim - Mavic 317 (but may swap for Ryde ZAC 421)
Rear - Hope Hub in aluminium (but may swap for a an early Hope Ti that i have) / Spokes - Hope Ti Dye / Rim - Mavic 317 (but may swap for Ryde ZAC 421)
Skewers - X-Lite in Ano blue.
Bolts - Aluminium - Ano blue.
For the gearing i think that i am going to go with one of the alt modern brands and steer away from the big boys.

The paintwork is going to be Sky blue main tubes, Dark blue lugs with gold detailing.
The orbit badgework is going to be in stainless steel.
Raleigh used 21.1 quill stems on many of their earlier atb’s.
Until quite recently, stems were available. Might be worth a try. Just found this on EBay.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Raleigh used 21.1 quill stems on many of their earlier atb’s.
Until quite recently, stems were available. Might be worth a try. Just found this on EBay.
Thanks Mr grumpy,
Unfortunately i'm not liking the style of the earlier 21.1 quills. I'm trying to go ahead style to give me a lot more choice.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
After wasting much 3d printer filament ive got the basis for my decals done. All need some fettling, moulding around the tubes and painting and gold leafing.
Dad was a miner for over 20 years so carbon black with gold leaf tops seams quite apt for coal and iron pyrite.

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_175646.jpg
    IMG_20211028_175646.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 3
Back