Orange Clockwork with an odd Serial number

Andy T

Orange 🍊 Fan
Question for the collective this morning....I picked up this frame and fork yesterday today, it was being sold as an 1990 Clockwork, no reason to doubt that. According to the seller, he was told by the original owner that it was originally a plain orange bike with no white fade.
The original owner decided he wanted the more traditional orange-fade colour scheme so attacked it with an aerosol can and added the white....badly...then followed with some horrendous decals. Over the years the chipped orange paintwork received the same attention, the frame & fork is now a miss-match of the original orange paint and aerosol white/orange paint.

It has the features of an early Clockwork, lugged seat post, BB cable guide, cut out brake cable stop, chainstay brace at the bottom bracket etc.

The interesting part is the serial number...it's M300A0075....anyone shed any light on that?

Cheers Andy

The M is unusual I think. I have an Orange Prestige frame number in similar format with a letter as 5th character - A309A0340. Like yours the generally accepted dating convention would peg it as a 1993 build but the experts view here & my own subsequent research date it as a 1990 frame too.

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 500
Re:

my first thought was the component designation number, but exage was a bit low end for a clockwork i guess.

An APro frame, but i guess we shall never know the inner workings of there production line. perhaps a designation number of some kind.

Be nice to find out

I've Emailed Orange as they do say you can email for info. on older models...lets hope that extends to 30 year old models!

Andy T":384i7len said:
I've Emailed Orange as they do say you can email for info. on older models...lets hope that extends to 30 year old models!

You could always email A-Pro too,

Latest posts

Back