Orange Clockwork 1992

Looks great with the touched up paint, didnt think it looked too bad to start really though. I would have to agree with the black cables and would maybe go black LX group too.

Sorry for the stupid question, i know very little about Orange bikes, but what tubeset was used on the Clockworks?

Re:

Agreed then, LX sti and black cables, black grips and a tiny smattering of ano orange.

mk one":13mkb87i said:
Looks great with the touched up paint, didnt think it looked too bad to start really though. I would have to agree with the black cables and would maybe go black LX group too.

Paint had some surface rust, just enough to warrant a soft sandback and a light coat of paint, definately worth doing as Im getting some replacement decals from Gil, may as well tidy her up I thought.
Black LX cranks are a real sruggle to find, especially in good nic with decal intact, I think I have some healthy looking silver crank arms with biopace rings somewhere tho ...... mmmmmmm biopace

Re:

Just dug out some old Deore LX STi with the hoods, a nice biopace chainset and some non low profile cantilevers still with the decals on.

Will start assembling tomorrow :D

Re:

Tiny touches

IMG-20200502-114657.jpg

pedal straps put through the washing machine and pedals cleaned.

IMG-20200502-122619.jpg

and time for a bit of component cleaning.

IMG-20200502-113928.jpg

Re:

Afternoon in the garden,

Its always nice to start with a blank canvas, LX cantilevers fitted rather than the DX low profile, new blocks fitted, not shimano ones but they are close enough and they work well. The DX thumbies and 2 finger levers are Gone, substituted for LX sti.

I know most folk are big thumbie fans but I do like a full matching groupset and I kinda like the big compfy levers on these bad boys.... and of course a Biopace chainset

IMG-20200502-172044.jpg

IMG-20200502-172051.jpg

IMG-20200502-172034.jpg

IMG-20200502-172028.jpg

As you can see - awaiting decals from Gil ..... but looks cool in black :cool:

IMG-20200502-172018.jpg

Back