ORANGE ALUMINIUM PROTOTYPE, ICEMANS O PROJECT..

Re: ORANGE ALUMINIUM O'. 1st batch. THE PROJECT BEGINS.

Yes plan to go rigid forks, if I go the whole hog and go for a Orange Prototype replica.
Pics of your prototype clockwork are still up. Also remember seeing an Elite on here many moons back with Prototype sticker on.
Other option is to just stay with classic Aluminium O decals. Not completely decided. Plus I think Rockshox do look great on it. Would need a nice newish set of Roxs mind.

Re:

Go the whole hog! With the decals not being foil backed they shouldn’t be too excessive I’d have thought? The down tube ‘Orange’ looks to be spaced like the classic Prestige so Gil could probably sort that no worries.

Yes I reckon Gil could do this easy enough. Agree that the main orange decal is a Prestige based decal. Anyway had a rummage in the attic, found a mint 1 1/4 XT headset. Also have tucked away some Original Specialized Ground controls in pretty mint condition, which are used in the Mountain biker review. Have a original Kalloy seatpost in a nice oil black also. Thinking of going shimsno Dx, in black, but will need to source this out. Currently have a 1991 rolls saddle ordered from eBay.

Re:

Some more inspiration for my build. :p This Prototype O has a slightly different decal design on the downtube, more in line to a Clockwork.

Another early example of the O being put through it paces in early 1991 :cool:

Some blurb from the orange 1992 brochure.

Attachments

• IMG_4610.JPG
    IMG_4610.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4606.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 732
Re: Re:

sinnerman":1q6p3wa7 said:
Cool thread... :cool: Signed in.

Thanks Carl.

Just need to get some nos or very mint Shimano DX, as seen in the mountain biker magazine review.
Will try my upmost to do an identical build :D

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3flo3oym said:
Which prototype are you favouring mate? The first one looks to have a thinner than 1 1/4 head tube to me?

The first one, am going for :cool: . Its a 1/4 headtube.. Just the camera angle that makes it look more like a 1/8 ;)
Here's the blurb on the headtube on the mountain biker article. Plus basic spec. Also a cool shot of the bike doing a wheely :twisted:
Am also thinking of a Shimano XT build with this, in black. Purely as I have more XT than DX! :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_4619.JPG
    IMG_4619.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_4621.JPG
    IMG_4621.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_4622.JPG
    IMG_4622.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 671

So far managed to source a decent rolls saddle, XT headset new, but in black, still may have to look out for a silver one. Have both XT mechs sorted, just need to give them a really good clean and then should scrub up nicely. On the look out for a decent XT crankset, in black. But it’s coming together slowly..

Back