ORANGE ALU O Build. Orange white fade.

Cheshire1980

Orange 🍊 Fan
Orange Aluminium O project. December 1991 frame. Frame and forks were bought from a kind chap in Portugal. I was given the heads up with this by Mr Ox, so thank you. The only snag was the Suntour Xc pro chain set was seized. After much muscle power and patience I manage to prize it off without damaging the frame. The frame is in good condition, with minimal fade, and original paintwork, which is very rare for the alloy O, with many of the orange/white fade frames being renowned to flake off easily. So it has survived well! I have manged to build it up with some standard period correct Shimano DX, and don it with the usual staple of Orange Hotrod bars, Orangel saddle, Orange stalk stem and Kalloy Seatpost 27.6, and Ritchey grips.

Attachments

• IMG_4751.JPG
    IMG_4751.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_4752.JPG
    IMG_4752.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_4754.JPG
    IMG_4754.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_4750.JPG
    IMG_4750.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_4749.JPG
    IMG_4749.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_4747.JPG
    IMG_4747.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 671
:shock: didnt even notice the toe clips, too busy looking at the paintwork. Things seem to last a lot better out there :cool:

Re:

Glad you got one Cal, it's a beaut!

Think I need to bring my orange/white Clockwork back from storage and build it up while locked down. :cool:

Re:

Very cool, certainly nice to see one with the original paint.

I like the toe clips! Very much of the time. Tuned in for updates :cool:

Re:

Looking good Calum. :cool:

The original colour is very nice. All the Orange/White fades I repainted a couple of O's in were no where near as bright as your original... Looks great, wish I'd seen this when I Had done mine. Fancying another Orange/white fade now! :cool:
Dec '91 - that would make it 4th batch, the replaceable mech hanger and lack of chainstay bridge being the identifyers.

How's the Prot'O'type build going? - scored something the other day for mine which I will update in due course. Definitely would be of interest! :cool:

Watching with interest- especially anything "O"

Keep up the good work!

boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

MR OX":3f54mjma said:
That looks superb :cool:

Thanks for messaging me in regards to its sale. This is going to be my pub bike when finished. Although could be waiting a while for a pub to be open :facepalm:

Back