Orange 1 1/4" options.....? Shim or not to shim?

rwm1962":29rtst14 said:
clockwork davo":29rtst14 said:
rwm1962":29rtst14 said:
Aye - that's the one.

I had a little punt on that but with a prestige inbound I didn’t try hard :roll:

I’ve just picked up 11/4 headset parts for my ally O with out much trouble

Aye, cheers - I've got eye's on a few now plus the Elite seller thinks he has a spare one. I decided to widen out the Orange hardtail collection to include an aluminium one given the crazy prices of P7's at the moment. The Carb-O has sold so room/cash for another.

Makes sense, can’t believe some P7 price’s currently, although some silly prices across the board !!
Elite looks well, glad it’s gone to a team member ;)

clockwork davo":39mls8n6 said:
abr303":39mls8n6 said:
Currently weighing up my options regarding steering parts for my '92 Orange Elite frame I'm attempting to build..... I'd like to keep the 1 1/4" theme going but appreciate these bits are thin on the ground. (I have put a post up in the 'wanted' section)

What have peeps done when tasked with the same dilemma... I'm wanting to fit a nice set of RC/35's that I'm rebuilding but are 1 1/8" but that would involve sourcing another crown and steerer to go down the 1 1/4" route plus I'm after a headset and stem to match.

Obviously a more direct approach would be to shim down the headtube but I'm not super keen on this but I guess it would be an easier option. Has anyone had issues with this approach? Any guidance/advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers :)

I picked up a 11/4 pace crown and steerer recently without much effort, although the steerer i got is 10mm to short so may be up for grabs once I’ve found a replacement

I'd be interested for sure.... how long is the steerer?

abr303":18ow9tqw said:
clockwork davo":18ow9tqw said:
abr303":18ow9tqw said:
Currently weighing up my options regarding steering parts for my '92 Orange Elite frame I'm attempting to build..... I'd like to keep the 1 1/4" theme going but appreciate these bits are thin on the ground. (I have put a post up in the 'wanted' section)

What have peeps done when tasked with the same dilemma... I'm wanting to fit a nice set of RC/35's that I'm rebuilding but are 1 1/8" but that would involve sourcing another crown and steerer to go down the 1 1/4" route plus I'm after a headset and stem to match.

Obviously a more direct approach would be to shim down the headtube but I'm not super keen on this but I guess it would be an easier option. Has anyone had issues with this approach? Any guidance/advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers :)

I picked up a 11/4 pace crown and steerer recently without much effort, although the steerer i got is 10mm to short so may be up for grabs once I’ve found a replacement

I'd be interested for sure.... how long is the steerer?

Steerer is 180mm also have a 11/4 alloy stalk stem

rwm1962":2xfdqmsp said:
Aye - that's the one.

I had thought about pulling the trigger on that and had also enquired about the other frameset advertised as I've most of an XT group set and Pace forks... didn't want the rigid forks so he offered me a deal on another frame he had. Made up with if for the price. Stripped all the lacquer off now as sadly the decals were quite past it and in the throws of sanding and polishing.... very time consuming lol.

Back