Old bike identification 1950s??

Oldbike

Retro Newbie
Hi there , hope this is right place I’m trying to find out if anyone knows the maker of a bike I’ve acquired off a friends dad , I’ve spent a fair amount of time searching on the net and have identified most of the components but not the frame because it has been painted at some point and the badge is missing although it does look like there is a ghost mark and 1 rivet hole where it used to be
Thanks in advance for any help
Here’s some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    989.2 KB · Views: 69
Think I’ve just found the original paint with a bit of nitromors or maybe it’s a primer from when it was repainted? Also looks like the rear end was plated or chromed? Like the bottom of forks ,still can’t find a number on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 13
Well after hours of looking on the net I think I have identified it as a flying Scot from around 1952 although there is no frame number I can see
Does anyone know if the flying Scot website is still maintained??

Strange that it has cable stops on the top tube and down tube shifter bosses, I don't think they appeared until the mid 1970's.

It's a lovely bike, what are your plans for it?
Thanks I’m going to strip the rest of the paint off the frame hopefully I can clean up the chrome on the rear end and head lugs else I will have to paint over it (I don’t think I could afford to get the chroming re done)
Then replace some of the bearings and get it back together and get some miles on her

Back