Now that's what I call a gravel bike - Cotic Cascade

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
New bike day for me. I've gone for a Cotic Cascade, which is their take on a Gravel bike but coming from the mountain bike side. Its basically a rigid drop bar mountain bike with slightly old fashioned angles and modern standars e.g. boost all round.

I've not bothered with drop bars and am running it with riser bars until I can get hold of some Jones bars. All the kit moved across from my hard tail so its been a fairly inexpensive frame swap - I only needed some flat to post mount disc adapters. Luckily Cotic designed the bike to be run with 160 rotors front and back so the standard +20mm adapters allow 180mm discs without any issues.

Its in a fairly burly build right now - minion's front and rear, but come the spring I'll get some XC or semi slicks on it and it should make a brilliant touring / bike packing rig.

PXL_20221215_121221684.jpg

Last edited:
Tasty! I love it. I appreciate some will say a gravel bike with flat bars is just a 90s MTB, but there's something to be said for having 20+ years of innovation (even if you decide afterwards, it was better in the good old days)

Back