NOS NIB Shimano M900 full set

But if you look at deer head stuff...chainset still £60 for a reasonable one, £60 derailleur, £50 levers and shifters....cant get much more iconic...first dedicated group...

They are far far rarer than xtr m900 in numbers produced and those left in the world....yet at basically 40 years old.....still not much more expensive than 20 years go. Not much of an investment.....in fact i reckon they are cheaper as fewer people are into early 80s bikes now.....they all have grandparent duties. Like i said i think it rolls with the generations.....

I think with the world getting more expensive to live in and with all those retro bikes bought up during lockdown, now on their second summer of no use, we could be on for a perfect storm of selling, flooded markets and declining prices....

Here's to getting those sheds empty sooner rather than later.....then you can re fill them for half the price!
hmmmm I might have some m900 for sale soon ish.

Won't there come a time when most of the people interested in buynig this stuff (now aged in our 40s and 50s) will all be dead. And barely anyone will be interested in 1990s mountain bikes. And it will all be worthless or, at least, much reduced in value?
True, but if classic car parts are anything to go buy, also far less parts available and almost none left in NOS, so cheap replica parts it will be then.

Back