Noob with an old Zaskar

Thanks. They both need new drivetrains, but since this is a bike forum... <unless anyone has a spare 426 laying around> :)

The cranks are Shimano FC M550 175mm I need new chainrings and a chain. I am having a hard time finding them online. Anyone know what I need to get or the modern equivalent?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72593510@N ... 078168198/

4907184968_17736deccd_z.jpg

4907177720_b72cba270a_z.jpg

Midstream Zaskar. December of 1993 actually makes it a 1994 model year frame. Original 94 model year decals will be hard to find unless Gil have done them. Haven't seen any originals for sale for a couple years

@madjez...with dents that size it should have gone cheaper.

gm1230126":2e0vhzm0 said:
Midstream Zaskar. December of 1993 actually makes it a 1994 model year frame. Original 94 model year decals will be hard to find unless Gil have done them. Haven't seen any originals for sale for a couple years

Thanks, I guess I will pick the decals I like the looks of best and not worry about correct.

Now the question, As I fix it up should I use modern components or go retro?

Tonefiend":70540cfx said:
gm1230126":70540cfx said:

Thanks, I guess I will pick the decals I like the looks of best and not worry about correct.

Now the question, As I fix it up should I use modern components or go retro?

Wow that's a tough one but it's your bike so you should really decide.

Forgot about this thread.

Mine is August frame no '0893...' with 94 decals.
Have seen correct(ish) decals for 94 model on ebay (shouldn't have triple triangle according to them that know). But personally (and I don't appear to be alone) I'm not a fan as they were a bit dull. I think I will select a year I like the look of (or something that fits my colour scheme). Think that frame style was built 93-96 (plus earlier with integreal d-hanger) so lots to choose from that will still look correct & retro.

!BrIEOGgBGk~$(KGrHqEH-D8EuvhH4v!8BLyZQO4jzQ~~_12.JPG

Back