NISHIKI ALIEN

addicted

Retro Guru
So about a year ago I spotted a guy biking through the neighborhood on a Nishiki alien. I complimented him on what a cool bike it was and we had a long conversation on retro bikes. He's a cool older gentleman from California and it turns out he has owned several E-stay's. So anyway, I am doing my daily search yesterday on the local Craigslist and see a Nishiki alien. When I pull up to look at the bike and introduce myself, the guy recognizes me and says we have met before and I instantly remembered our encounter last year. The bike looked different, it had a Manitou shock that was toast so he found a original fork to replace it with.
It has Shimano LX components , XT hubs and Sun rims.

This will be a gravel grinder for the local dirt roads.

Cheers NISHIKI ALIEN.jpg NISHIKI ALIEN 2.jpg

Last edited:
:cool: that's nice, is it purple or black? hard to tell on my screen.

Re:

Great find. Looks like an Alien SP. Check out my signature for mine. Just look out for cracks in the head and seat tubes.

Re: Re:

yakboy":2m6gt4t4 said:
Great find. Looks like an Alien SP. Check out my signature for mine. Just look out for cracks in the head and seat tubes.

Yes I have seen your ALIEN before, very nice. Just checked out your other builds :shock: Love the Lotus. Very rare here in the US.

So on my Nishiki there is a small crack on the seat tube but no worries, my neighbor is a master welder and has the ultimate metal shop.

Great bike. And it's got IRC Mythos tyres, the best tyre of it's generation IMHO. I still have one somewhere.

Back