Nipples

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
On a Diamond Back?

Not for me but really like this, appreciate it’s low end - someone has gone to the trouble of retrofitting grease nipples to hubs,bb and even pedals! Not seen that before on a bike of this age.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My old 1991 GT Avalanche had some 1960s grease nipples just like those fitted to it hubs courtesy of one of the old Harrison lathes from my CDT department in school! I Remember asking the technician for some imperial sized tap in order to thread the hole in the centre of my hubs. Lots of bike mods were done in the CDT department. 😜 Happy days!

I picked this one up, grease nipples attracted me to it tbh, it's been very well cared for. I might look at fitting some threaded blanking plugs though as that bottom bracket one in particular is in a slightly vunlerable position, it's clearly never been used off road though.

Back