New to me Zaskar

It really is stunning.I'm jealous of the climate that keeps bikes/cars in that condition.It's obviously been ridden a decent amount going by the ano on the rims,but I'm guessing it's never seen humidity or less than 15deg C.Wouldn't find that over here!
Looking forward to seeing it with new bars,and as mentioned,I'm sure someone out there would love those ones.
Welcome to the forum! 😁 🤝TMC .Quite a way to make an entrance,you've certainly come to the right place for appreciation.And there's an endless stream of info/advice/spares/humour running through here.Great community,hope it serves/entertains you as well as it has me.👍

Thanks for the bar info raidan73 , didn't realize it was mounted upside down! Love yours with the duel color bar tape to go along with your frame. I was just going to hack that thing off but now that you mentioned some people actually like that bar l will take the time and remove it correctly in case someone wants it for their build.

Thanks Captain C . Never have joined a forum or posted pics before had to ask the wife how to go about getting on the forum and posting pics being l am an old fart into all things mechanical and don't gel with computers or the internet well! And just kidding about hacking the bars off, been around the block more than a few times and know how to take things apart correctly unless the part is so rusted or broken that its impossible to get it off. Grew up poor before the internet and the just throw it out age and buy a new one back when you could get parts for almost anything and rebuild instead of just buying a new one but all of us here are kinda like that otherwise we wouldn't be putting or blood , sweat and tears into saving old rides! Oh and billinjah if ya pay for posting you can have the bars.

Last edited:
Reading that you're in similar company here.Definitely a good deal of like-minded types.The one and only online 'thing' I've ever joined.I reckon you should get it in for Bike Of The Month once it's sorted too.Although be prepared for cries of 'Is it a Zaskar?' (long running RB joke).
You can also post in the 'Readers MTB's -->97'.Anyone looking up bikes/researching in the future will most likely search there.You can ask one of the very helpful Moderators to move this there.Or leave it here,really not a problem.
That's a very kind offer to billinjah too.I think you may have just made someones day!
Hope you're nowhere near those fires😬🤞

Reading that you're in similar company here.Definitely a good deal of like-minded types.The one and only online 'thing' I've ever joined.I reckon you should get it in for Bike Of The Month once it's sorted too.Although be prepared for cries of 'Is it a Zaskar?' (long running RB joke).
You can also post in the 'Readers MTB's -->97'.Anyone looking up bikes/researching in the future will most likely search there.You can ask one of the very helpful Moderators to move this there.Or leave it here,really not a problem.
That's a very kind offer to billinjah too.I think you may have just made someones day!
Hope you're nowhere near those fires😬🤞
Hey captaincowelly , luckily l am nowhere close to the fires . The only thing l am staring down at this moment is a total knee replacement here in a month or so but l should be able to coast through that since l have been dealing with a bone on bone worn out knee for the last 25 years and it hasn't slowed me down much except for about a month ago when l tried to water ski for the first time and pretty much blew out what l had left of my knee. I don't mind moving the post if it fits better somewhere else and l appreciate any help/advice since this is all new to me.

Thanks for the bar info raidan73 , didn't realize it was mounted upside down! Love yours with the duel color bar tape to go along with your frame. I was just going to hack that thing off but now that you mentioned some people actually like that bar l will take the time and remove it correctly in case someone wants it for their build.
Yeah don’t hack! Let me know when you remove them.

Thanks Captain C . Never have joined a forum or posted pics before had to ask the wife how to go about getting on the forum and posting pics being l am an old fart into all things mechanical and don't gel with computers or the internet well! And just kidding about hacking the bars off, been around the block more than a few times and know how to take things apart correctly unless the part is so rusted or broken that its impossible to get it off. Grew up poor before the internet and the just throw it out age and buy a new one back when you could get parts for almost anything and rebuild instead of just buying a new one but all of us here are kinda like that otherwise we wouldn't be putting or blood , sweat and tears into saving old rides! Oh and billinjah if ya pay for posting you can have the bars.
Just reread that. Thank you so much! That’s amazing!!

Your welcome billinjah , actually removed them this afternoon...they were a pain ! LOL

Back