NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those drop outs are awful & could easily be drilled out & edges filed round but then the frame had to be built to comply with the current HSE & EN standards/requirements in the new world of safety & insurance so Raleigh may have had no choice here... But agree the decals just don’t look right. Mine is a size 59 but I can’t see me building this up anytime soon & will remain in its box Certainly for at least another year as I can’t even fly out of here right now & my family also locked down in different parts of the world.

Liking the latest video where it looks like Raleigh have royally screwed up on the geometry so every single frame will have a sloping top tube!!
If this is the case will there be a recall??

https://youtu.be/O6Ez4xPKNiM

Nob":2q7b4jhs said:
Liking the latest video where it looks like Raleigh have royally screwed up on the geometry so every single frame will have a sloping top tube!!
If this is the case will there be a recall??

https://youtu.be/O6Ez4xPKNiM

There are a combination of factors...

They have taken page 2 of a document with Joop's geometry which has 560 seat tube, but page 1 says that measurements are centre to centre. Raleigh have applied this 560 as centre to top.

They also have too long a head tube, maybe 10mm taller.

They also have a 45mm drop for the brake on the rear but 49mm on the front.

I need to do some accurate measurements, but they have a frame too tall at the front and too small at the rear which is giving a sloping top tube. Raleigh said they copied Joop's geometry but this looks like a screw up.

Re:

I was casually tempted to get one, glad I didn't now

I also think if it has definite nods to the 21st century, it won't be a wise investment. It needed to in effect be a BNIB original, albeit it was made this year

It looks like a huge fcuk up with No proper quality assurance & controls.... mine will definitely be staying in it’s box fully sealed... well I won’t be able to see it until at least April 2021 due to this pandemic & other issues....... could be an investment as a product that came with flaws....

Re: Re:

pigman":2hb6luuv said:
I was casually tempted to get one, glad I didn't now

I also think if it has definite nods to the 21st century, it won't be a wise investment. It needed to in effect be a BNIB original, albeit it was made this year

I believe it had to meet the 21st century’s safety & health requirements along with insurance guidelines whatever they maybe...being built in the same century.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back