New member 1984 Raleigh Competition 531c

Wigan bear

Retro Newbie
Hi, been looking on this site for a while now reading up as I start to freshen up my bike.

The bike is a 1984 Raleigh Competition which I paid £225 for as a 17 year old in 1984. All original apart from rims, spokes, rear hub and tape.

All stripped now and off to paint on Fri, just need to decide colour

Sounds good and I bet it has a few stories to tell.
Start a thread in readers rides and tell us a bit about it, then detail the paint and rebuild process.

Jamie

Wigan bear":2s4sap9c said:
Hi, been looking on this site for a while now reading up as I start to freshen up my bike.

The bike is a 1984 Raleigh Competition which I paid £225 for as a 17 year old in 1984. All original apart from rims, spokes, rear hub and tape.

I'm on the same frame since 87, looks like you beat me! I was also 17 in 84. :D

Rapparee87":2846ua41 said:
Wigan bear":2846ua41 said:

I'm on the same frame since 87, looks like you beat me! I was also 17 in 84. :D

Nobbut a couple of young whippersnappers, the pair of you :D

You wait till you get to my age. When I were a lad we didn't have these fancy gears etc. etc. etc..................... :roll: :facepalm:

However, apart from all that, looking forward to seeing progress - with plenty of pictures!

Jamiedyer":1a6sr9pq said:
Sounds good and I bet it has a few stories to tell.
Start a thread in readers rides and tell us a bit about it, then detail the paint and rebuild process.

Jamie

Will do. Really cant decide a colour for it. One half thinks stick to what it is, the other half is saying you dont really like the colour it came out of factory with.

Back