New chainrings on M730 cranks

Mossy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I’ve been searching for 36t chainrings 110bcd to complete both a Pace and Shimano triple set in NOS, but I’m still struggling to find them.

I've now decided to opt for a brand new set of chainrings with a bit of a retro feel to suit silver M730 cranks. Either black or silver in colour would be fine in 46 / 36 / 26.

I would be interested to know / see what you have used / recommend on the same cranks?

Regards.

I found an exage chainset with the biopace rings on it going cheap, that's where I got my replacements.
I guess a plain silver chainring without a huge manufacturer logo would do the job though, or if you want to retain the biopace flavour what about those egg rings?

jimo746":2ayiwu59 said:
I found an exage chainset with the biopace rings on it going cheap, that's where I got my replacements.
I guess a plain silver chainring without a huge manufacturer logo would do the job though, or if you want to retain the biopace flavour what about those egg rings?

I should mention i'm looking for round rings.

I'd go for a set of TAs from Spa Cycles. They will last about five times longer than Shimano and have a nice high polish.

If you are talking a modern alternative, Blackspire, a Canadian brand, makes rings that are very RaceFace-esque. If you were talking a set of RF cranks, it be a no brainer. Not sure for a set of M730 though.

www.blackspire.com

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sorry TA from SPA cycles. I do TA!

TA rings are some of the best though whereever you buy them from.

Back