New build. 1996 Klein Pulse 2

Slowly accumulating the bits....Waiting on M950 shift pods that appear to be hung up at the USPS processing facility in Illinois before crossing the border into Canada. Took folks advice and got some nice mavic sunset rims laced to XTR 950 hubs

Attachments

• IMG_8542.JPG
    IMG_8542.JPG
    750.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8544.JPG
    IMG_8544.JPG
    622.5 KB · Views: 10
that's going to be very nice build
did the bike come back in the same condition?
The Brodie took a beating...... I MacGyver'ed it to something rideable (had to get new wheels, handlebar, seat and pedals) but still needs a major home makeover. Paint is quite scratched up in places but probably not bad enough to get it repainted completely. I put the 618/Ringle wheels on that

Well here she is. Still not settled on the saddle (will probably have to be a modern SLR boost type for comfort) and the stem is perhaps a big too long and flat (anyone have a shorter Syncros stem with a steeper rise to swap?) but overall I'm pretty happy with this and I think it rides great but I'm tempted to try a bit of a shorter/taller stem.

RockShox FSX shocks
Full 950 XTR group, SPD pedals and skewers
Mavic Sunset rims with 950 XTR hubs
Syncros seatpost, stem and handlebar
RaceFace headset and cranks
Selle Italia SLR Boost saddle

IMG_9044.JPG IMG_9048.JPG IMG_9045.JPG IMG_9050.JPG IMG_9046.JPG

Last edited:
Okay... yes. BUT ...why not just get a bike in your correct frame size instead of swapping stem etc. to overkill?

Frame is actually perfect for me in terms of standover height and top tube length. Took a chance on the stem. It actually rides well but I'm a little lower/more aggressive than I'm used to. It's still very rideable. :)

Sorry but the stem is already pretty steep and far away from "agressive" in any kind :)

Back