New British Mountain Biking Documentary

Re:

Aha, the avatar is back!

Or was it the cheap/crap/work computer not computing yesterday?

I did prefer his record attempts, but didn't dislike that programme either. More interested in the Vulcan than GM for that one.
Is he still doing 24 mtb racing?

Mike

Re:

Just got back from a weekend in Hebden Bridge to watch the premier.

It was 70 minutes of beautifully crafted British off-road cycling history.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/MTBmovie

I highly recommend seeing it if you can. Its film that should appeal to everyone, not just cyclists, and it deserves a showing on TV.

http://singletrackworld.com/2016/06/int ... pip-piper/

Apparently public performance licenses can be bought by individuals or clubs who would like to put on there own screenings. Also, later in the summer the download version will become available for people to buy and keep.

My only complaint is that 70 minutes far too short to cover everything, and do everybody justice. However, if it's successful the producers maybe persuaded to do a longer version?

Maybe someone should do a book? :cool:

Re:

Look forward to seeing it soon!

As for the book, if it's the early UK scene we're talking about then who else but yourself would be the best choice! :D

Re: Re:

andyz":d74q8aw1 said:
As for the book, if it's the early UK scene we're talking about then who else but yourself would be the best choice! :D
Hi Andy, I was thinking of a collaborative book with a variety of contributors from the various disciplines and eras. Maybe with lots anecdotes and photos from anyone who has interesting stories to tell?

With a book you could fit in much more detail and backstory.

The producers are doing selling licenses to show the film for about £100. For that price it could be more cost effective, for a group of friends or club etc, than traveling to a cinema and paying to see it.

If you are interested in showing the film then contact:
sarah@bluehippomedia.com

For private viewing, they will be making the film available for download from August 6th.

At the moment the producers are unsure as to which licensed showings are private and which are open to a paying audience. Until they clarify this I recommend 'Googling' the name of the film to see if anyone is advertising their showing online.

This is the only public showing that I have seen advertised found so far:
https://macbirmingham.co.uk/event/mountain-bike-q-a

Re:

Well done Andy for noticing that. :cool:

Interestingly, the first venue on the list; OtecBikes, Halton Tennis Centre, Chestnut End, Halton, HP225PD on the 30th July, is only three quarters of a mile from the Wendover Bash site where some of the film was shot.

It is also about five miles from where Europe's first off-road bicycles company was sited and a mile and a half away from where Britain's first mountain bike rides started, the library car park a Wendover Buckinghamshire.

I wonder if this is pure coincidence or whether the organisers know about some of this this local history?

Back