Never use Paypal Gift!!!

LongboardSi":enqqqj1x said:
In terms of getting that mojo back, come out riding with us on the Peaks ride tomorrow - happy to lend you a bike to ride if you need it, but sounds like you might have other options, if not the time to ride them enough...

Si F

Cheers dude, riding is defo what I need atm. Still got riders but just have no time. Full day of family stuff tomorrow.

Families and little ones do get in the way a bit, lol
Get you mojo back when they're old enough to ride with properly.

Yes fees are too much so I sell, we'll give away usually to mates and at ride events, not that I've got to many for some time.

We where just talking about the old Skipton canal and surrounding ride we had some years back now.

Re:

Can be organised again mate, just give me a nudge. Still want to ride, just no desire to replace those that go to pay for my mistake. I will just keep A couple, modern and retro.

Re:

Thanks for posting this warning mate, as you know I'm new here & only recently used F&F for the first time last week, TBH I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up on pay pal but I assumed it would be completely safe, I think from now on if I want something badly enough I travel to collect it in person.
Thanks for the warning.

Nightmare. Hope you manage to get something back out of it. There are some truly unpleasant people in the world.

Both Craig and friend sound a bit fishy to me. I thought the only way a friends and family payment could be reversed was if it was reported as an unauthorised tranfer to paypal/bank i.e. someone hacked my account.

If he made the payment and then tried to get recompense because of fraud then don't banks normally say they can't act?

Re:

I don't understand, there is no buyer protection when using friends & family - how did the buyer get the transaction reversed?

Re:

One other thing with F&f as a buyer is that you can use your credit card to make the payment so even though your not covered with PP you are with the credit card. Just make sure you put what your buying etc in a added message with the payment. Along with this and any correspondence's should hep you

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2hz12gut said:
A few days later I was contacted by someone called Paul asking where their bike was. Long/short again, Craig had set up a spoof ad which Paul had responded to. Paul agreed to buy the spoof bike at which point Craig gave him MY PP details. Paul paid me, I sent the bike to Craig, so Paul got no bike.

Paul then contacted his bank provided evidence of the fraud so they refunded him. They then got the money back off PP who took the money back off me. So Craig got the bike, Paul got refunded and I got shafted. :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's the important bit ^^^^

davidj":2hz12gut said:
I don't understand, there is no buyer protection when using friends & family - how did the buyer get the transaction reversed?

There is if you can prove fraud to the satisfaction of your bank. The bank/Paypal will just reverse the payment.

Seller sent a bike to a random address, not to the owner of the account etc etc.
Moderately clear cut (unfortunately), and i'd be surprised if "Craig" doesn't have form for this, or a record as long as your arm.
The whole "parcel didn't arrive" con has been around in various forms since eBay and PayPal were created, this is just a new variation.

Back