Never use Paypal Gift!!!

Re:

Sorry to read this, sounds pretty awful.
I don't think going round to someone's house if you see it on eBay etc is very wise - I buy and sell many bikes on eBay and trust that what I'm buying on a publicly viewable website is legit. By the time you see it it could have been passed on a dozen times to an innocent buyer. Not really fair on them if you turn up at their house mob handed. Similarly, I did have someone once start messaging me saying a motorbike I was selling was theirs and they wanted to come and view it to be sure. Unfortunately for them, I'd owned said bike for longer than there's had 'been stolen' so advised them to go to the police then report back to me. Never heard anything. I'm pretty sure if I had let them view it it would have got messy. Regarding eBay and PayPal, a little while ago I sold some forks, the buyer removed what he wanted from them then returned them as not as described. The money was taken from me and refunded as well as me covering the costs for return postage. I looked elsewhere in line for advice and after a few requests for eBay to call me I informed them that I would be pursuing the matter via the online fraud team. The next day eBay gave me the full price back for the forks. Doesn't really relate to fb but might be worth sticking it to PayPal.

Re:

Sorry to hear your news, you may not remember but you gave me lots of good advice about finding an Orange 5 and reading your Orange related threads I'm shure that it wasn't just about the money but the fact that it involved an Orange must have twisted the knife even further.
Here's hoping that you get your enthusiasm back soon.

Really sorry to hear about this mate. Hopefully it'll turn up for sale at some point, and you'll get it back. Thanks for raising awareness of this type of scam as well, it's not something I hd been aware of.

Back