Need Help ! Identify my Marin bike

Paulus Henricus

Retro Newbie
Dear all,

I am a beginner in bicycle world.

I just bought this bike from junkyard a weeks ago. And the seller told me that it's a real Marin Bike. But, after I bring home and show to my friend, he said it's not a Marin, but it's a Bridgestone.

This bike has 9 digit Serial number at bottom of seat tube, G912002082 and there is a Marin decal when I remove the paint.

Please somebody give me a clue to identifying.

Cheers from Bali.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,953
  • head-tube.jpg
    head-tube.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,952
  • decal-seat-tube.jpg
    decal-seat-tube.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,952
  • head-tube-decal.jpg
    head-tube-decal.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,952
  • left-decal.jpg
    left-decal.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,951
I'd say that is no Marin because of the design of the rear drop outs and the seat tube.
Never heard of any Marin frame number starting with a G either.
The Marin decals are from about '94/'95 i think.

But of course i could be totally wrong. :D

Didn't they do a pine mountain as well? The forks and frame have marin decals under all of that, plus I think they did do a frame in the colour that is starting to show through. That said, the components on the bike are very low in the food chain, not sure marin did a bike that badly kitted out.

ishaw":3c0odlsj said:
Didn't they do a pine mountain as well? The forks and frame have marin decals under all of that, plus I think they did do a frame in the colour that is starting to show through. That said, the components on the bike are very low in the food chain, not sure marin did a bike that badly kitted out.

@ ishaw : in other words, is it possible a marin frame? But the previous owner did changed the part / groupset? do you agree with me?

Decals are from a Pine Mountain.

Looking at it the bike has a 1" headset which means that IF it were a Marin it would be a very early one.

In 1988 the Pine Mountain frame was lugged so it can't be that
In 1989 it wasn't lugged but the rear dropouts only had one set of rackmounts so it isn't that
In 1991 they deffo had 1 1/8th headsets so it isn't that.

The decal set to me looks like it is from 1993

I suspect it is NOT a Marin rather A.N.Other frame with a Pine Mountain decal set on it.

ovlov440":1jm9uo4v said:
Decals are from a Pine Mountain.

Looking at it the bike has a 1" headset which means that IF it were a Marin it would be a very early one.

In 1988 the Pine Mountain frame was lugged so it can't be that
In 1989 it wasn't lugged but the rear dropouts only had one set of rackmounts so it isn't that
In 1991 they deffo had 1 1/8th headsets so it isn't that.

The decal set to me looks like it is from 1993

I suspect it is NOT a Marin rather A.N.Other frame with a Pine Mountain decal set on it.

Noted ovlov440, so it's far from Marin family. That's fine for me. My next question is, which factory made this bike? Hope you have any clue.

Cheers

Back