Nearly there....

Never got as far as fret dressing. Setting up and wiring has been my limit. If you have the inclination a guide would be great.

Good to see you getting out. What a fantastic scheme. There should be more like it.

If you have the inclination a guide would be great.

THM: I watched plenty of videos on Youtube, regarding setting up a guitar to get some difference of opinion. You'll soon have some suggestions on leveling the frets posted on the right hand side of your YouTube page. There are a few characters who you will get to know, so pick who you think is talking some sense - this guy is a bit odd, but he does have a collection of videos to choose from.

The main "special" tools that I bought were a Guitar Neck Notched Straight Edge Luthiers Tool, a Luthier’s Trapezium Fret Rocker and Fingerboard Guards.

You can get the lot for £22:

The other bits and pieces were the ultra low tack masking tape:

And the Wet 'n' Dry paper:

Just give it go Jason - what could possibly go wrong 😉.

Pip

Last edited:
THM: I watched plenty of videos on Youtube, regarding setting up a guitar to get some difference of opinion. You'll soon have some suggestions on leveling the frets posted on the right hand side of your YouTube page. There are a few characters who you will get to know, so pick who you think is talking some sense - this guy is a bit odd, but he does have a collection of videos to choose from.

The main "special" tools that I bought were a Guitar Neck Notched Straight Edge Luthiers Tool, a Luthier’s Trapezium Fret Rocker and Fingerboard Guards.

You can get the lot for £22:

The other bits and pieces were the ultra low tack masking tape:

And the Wet 'n' Dry paper:

Just give it go Jason - what could possibly go wrong 😉.

Pip

Thanks. A perfect winter project. Don’t go anywhere there may be questions. 😎

Latest posts

Back