Nearly there....

Some nice looking bikes there.

Personally i prefer the looks of the GSX1400 but after trying one and also the CB1300, i found the XJR to be a lot better fit. They all look similar but the other two still lean you forward too much and have the pegs further back. In the end though i decided on an 08 GSF1250n Bandit. It hasn't got the same engine as the nutty 1200 Bandit which used the GSXR1200 engine, but it has more torque which i prefer :twisted:

Xjr is a very comfortable muscle bike. Not a razor blade. Handles as you would expect. Very smooth. Had a 1200.

mk one":2n93z9ri said:
Personally i prefer the looks of the GSX1400 but after trying one and also the CB1300, i found the XJR to be a lot better fit. They all look similar but the other two still lean you forward too much and have the pegs further back. In the end though i decided on an 08 GSF1250n Bandit. It hasn't got the same engine as the nutty 1200 Bandit which used the GSXR1200 engine, but it has more torque which i prefer :twisted:
Yeah I parked up next to a GSX1400 when I went to Wantage in July - see page 28. That is a very handsome machine.

The History Man":2n93z9ri said:
Xjr is a very comfortable muscle bike. Not a razor blade. Handles as you would expect. Very smooth. Had a 1200.
Thank you chaps for the low down - something to think about :facepalm: .

Any road up; The weather is still fantastic, so I took the opportunity to get out again before it turns cooler with rain later in the week.

The last time I went to Henley on Thames was for work delivering a Pool Table. Very pleasant today it was too – crikey it is super posh.

Saw a bit of rowing going on - I understand Henley is a bit famous for it! I forgot how big the river is at that point, considering it is still a good distance from London.

Henley on Thames 220920 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Henley on Thames 220920_5 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Henley on Thames 220920_3 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Henley on Thames 220920_2 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Henley on Thames 220920_4 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

pipmeister":3httwmtb said:
Any road up; The weather is still fantastic, so I took the opportunity to get out again before it turns cooler with rain later in the week.

The last time I went to Henley on Thames was for work delivering a Pool Table. Very pleasant today it was too – crikey it is super posh.

Saw a bit of rowing going on - I understand Henley is a bit famous for it! I forgot how big the river is at that point, considering it is still a good distance from London.

Pip

:cool: :D

Never been, but yeah i imagine it to be a bit posh. If that had been around this way, those flip flops would have either been stolen or kicked into the river :LOL:

And your looking well mate, looks like you have been getting plenty of sun :cool:

Good to see the pics and have a read - God bless you mate.

Rightyho, it is time for an update on the situation.

Some members on here are aware of this latest news, and it does not make for easy reading.

Recap: I managed to make the most of the Winter months with helping a builder mate of mine, who was working next door to my place, with a major building and garden make-over. I initially was just holding one end of a tape measure, but I soon got into using a chop saw making rafters and fixing up cladding etc. Anyway, it was better to be active rather than sitting indoors out of the cold; it has been great company and camaraderie.

Recently however, I began to loose my stamina and felt weak and tired very quickly. I had to sit down often or go indoors, and my mate was very supportive and understood that I was struggling, when all I wanted to do was crack on with helping him - for my benefit as well
as his.

Meanwhile, the NHS began to up the ante with regards to my Healthcare. I was assigned a Sue Ryder (Macmillan) Doctor, who has been an absolute boon, and speaks to me by Zoom Video call. She listens very carfully to me and can prescribe medication, for controlling the symptoms. My previous Macmillan Nurse from 2003 has also been re-assigned to me, and my G.P. Practice have put a Care Package in place, with a hot line to call if I need anything in an emergency.

Onwards; I had a telephone Consultation with Oncology at the RBH earlier this month, and they gave it to me straight, which I do appreciate. They have offered more Chemotherapy treatment, but it has only a very small chance of being effective with holding the Cancer back, but not curing it. I would also be suffering with the unpleasant side effects of the Chemo, just as we are entering the Summer period.

It is easier if I pop the key part of the follow-up letter on here, then I don't need to type it out, which will be somewhat upsetting:

Oncology Page 2 050521 edit.jpg

I spoke to Oncology again today, and have declined further Chemotherapy treatment, so I will be handed over to Palliative Care now, who can look after me, and keep me comfortable.

I intent to make hay while the sun shines, and hope to get out on the Kawaskai at some point - I have ridden this year, but I struggled with fatigue, and couldn't concentrate very well on enjoying the ride. I have been prescribed Dexys again, which to be honest are great fun - I wish I had access to that stuff back in the day ;).

Cheers,

Pip

Shit.
So sorry to hear.
And thanks for being so open and straight.
Just know that there will be people thinking of you. And while that’s not offering the practical support you need, It may be a good thing to have it just hanging in the air......

I'm so sorry to read this Pip. I continue to admire your ability to show positivity - those Dexys sound like fun! Thinking of you mate

Back