Mystery frame?

They came to me together and had the same primer and top coats, but who knows before that? Good point about Super Virus date, though. The search goes on....

Having cleaned back the bottom bracket and squinted at it in late afternoon light, I've been able to pick out a feint frame number, 11243, but nothing else definite. The numbers are round the RHS edge of the BB, rather than across. Any ideas, anyone? Could it be a date?

Having cleaned back the bottom bracket and squinted at it in late afternoon light, I've been able to pick out a feint frame number, 11243, but nothing else definite. The numbers are round the RHS edge of the BB, rather than across. Any ideas, anyone? Could it be a date?
It appears that there are alphanumerics on the BB shell below the NERVEX stamp. Your number found already could have a different significance depending on the brand. Have you measured the BB shell width and determined the BB threading? Also, do you know what the seat pin diameter is? I don't believe the bike to be earlier than the 70s, nor later than the early 80s given the top mount shift cable guide and chainstay cable stop braze-ons. Does the steerer tube have the Columbus ribs (5) or any external marks?

I would think that if you were able to determine who was using Agrati dropouts during that time period (I'll assume 70s) for frame manufacturing. I have a fair amount of Italian frames from the late 60s to mid 80s; none of which used Agrati dropouts.

Hi Jesper,
Thanks for your input. The alphanumerics below Nervex on the BB are 61964°0222P30, I assumed that this was a part/patent/casting number, as it's all small font. Could the first part indicate June 1964, for the lug itself at least? BB is 66.3 mm wide, English thread. Seat pin approx 66.3 mm. No ribs or marks on the steerer tube.

Latest posts

Back