My unicorn - big thanks to missmyfat

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Some of you may know that back in the mid 90's I raced for an MTB team called Pro-Circuit.

As well as being an MTB race outfit, Pro-Circuit made hubs, chainrings and MTB suspension forks.

When I gave up MTB riding to persue road, TT and track racing, sadly I sold my race bike with its forks.

Then, when I picking up all things retro, I googled Pro-Circuit but unfortunately it appears they have dissapeared. As they were only a small scale outfit, I never thought I'd see anything of them again.

Enter Dave (missmyfat).

From an earlier meet, Dave knew that I used to ride for Pro-Circuit, and had always said if he ever split his Wicked he would give my first shout on his mint Pro Circuit forks. So, as he split his Wicked a week or so back I received a dream PM with an offer.

As those that went to Cannock for the Christmas Retrobike gathering will know, unfortunately the forks collapsed on him mid ride. But, Dave has meticulously rebuilt them for me, sent them over and would only accept payment once I was totally happy with them.

Top bloke, top forks :cool:

Attachments

• IMG00027.jpg
    IMG00027.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,741
  • IMG00026.jpg
    IMG00026.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,741
Great story and fantastic looking kit. Well done Missmyfat for such a gesture.

Things like this remind us all what a great community we have here. :D

karma.png

A pleasure pickle and thanks for the nice comments.
(feedback thread now up ;) )
Someones bmw m3 is now missing its valve springs! :D

Very cool dudes :cool: Pickle what are they going on?

they sort of remind me of my girvin forks (although these suck!! :LOL: )

Attachments

• proflex update 003resized.jpg
    proflex update 003resized.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,608
kaiser":89r53swa said:
Pickle what are they going on?

Once my mate at the LBS has got an 1" 1/8 steerer, I am popping them on the Zaskar.

I am thinking the black legs will go with the black Zaskar decals, alloy crown and drop outs will match perfectly with the frame, and I am going to get Gil to do some repro white Pro-Circuit decals to match the white GT ones.

Back