My new bike...'98 Cannondale CAD2

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Purists will wince at the drivetrain but that's the way ( aha aha ) I like it.....

Cannondale_port.jpg

I picked up the frame for £25 at the Bristol Bike Project Jumble ( I helped organise it 'cos I do the Bristol Bike Jumble all the time )

Cannondale_starboard.jpg

All of my shonky old sh1te on my old Bob Telfer fitted perfectly so I built this in 90 minutes as soon as I got home!

Cannondale_office.jpg

I do like a good non-aero set of levers. I'm one and a half feet wide and six and a half feet tall...b0ll0x to marginal gains I AM A BARN DOOR! That microshift bar end is the BEST gear shift ever.

Cannondale_saddle.jpg

Got to sit on something classy.

Attachments

• Cannondale_port.jpg
    Cannondale_port.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Cannondale_starboard.jpg
    Cannondale_starboard.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 15
I like that.
Back in ‘89 I had the chance to ride a Cannondale tourer a short distance and was blown away by the responsive frame. Years of steel bike ownership followed and I never forgot that single ride but was put off alloy frames after taking brief ownership of a Trek that all but shook my teeth out.
Roll on to 2021 and this popped up on my marketplace radar; practically unused and totally blemish-free. I bought it but still can’t free up the rear shifter so it’s still spotless and mile-less!

Attachments

• 853A6CD9-5CCC-4745-90F5-A2BD24CBB147.jpeg
    853A6CD9-5CCC-4745-90F5-A2BD24CBB147.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 30
I like that.
Back in ‘89 I had the chance to ride a Cannondale tourer a short distance and was blown away by the responsive frame. Years of steel bike ownership followed and I never forgot that single ride but was put off alloy frames after taking brief ownership of a Trek that all but shook my teeth out.
Roll on to 2021 and this popped up on my marketplace radar; practically unused and totally blemish-free. I bought it but still can’t free up the rear shifter so it’s still spotless and mile-less!
That is gorgeous 😍

Thanks. I don’t know the back-story for this bike but it’s so unused and fresh that there is almost no trace of brake pad use on the rims whatsoever.
It’s sooooo frustrating that the shifter won’t play as 9/10 they just need a bit of light lube sprayed in there.
What are you using to flush the shifter? Apologies to op.

Latest posts

Back