My Klein Mantra carbon project

addicted

Retro Guru
This one has been sitting in the garage for awhile and decided to start the rebuild. I bought this frame on Craigslist about 7 years ago for $150 US. I have added the Fox front suspension recently Bontrager RXL rims and XTR rear Der. Enjoy...
I will post Pics. of progress.. Klein carbon 001.JPG Klein carbon 006.JPG Klein carbon 002.JPG

Last edited:
hopper22 I watch Tucson and Phoenix Craigslist constantly. One thing I have found is you have to reply almost immediately to posts on nice bikes or they are gone. I will drive two or three hours to get a good bike that is rare.

I picked these XTR shifters up at the bike swap to use on my GT STS but I think these look better on this bike. I will probably go with Sram XO on the GT. XTR 003.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

Got to admit I rarely venture into the post 98--> section ...

without wishing to upset Klein owners, although the diehard purest won't venture into these parts let alone acknowledge life carried on post trek take over, so I'm probably quite safe....
the Mantra is the only model they ever made that I'd actually like to own, regardless of whoever owned the company at the time it was produced

Looks like this the start of a nice project you have there

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3obobawr said:
Got to admit I rarely venture into the post 98--> section ...

without wishing to upset Klein owners, although the diehard purest won't venture into these parts let alone acknowledge life carried on post trek take over, so I'm probably quite safe....
the Mantra is the only model they ever made that I'd actually like to own, regardless of whoever owned the company at the time it was produced

Looks like this the start of a nice project you have there

Thanks, for me a handmade bike is always good. These were still being made at the original Klein factory in 2001.

I like to take older bikes and re-engineer them with newer parts like shocks and such. Technology has greatly improved shocks and shifting so I will be installing a Fox CTD (climb trail decent) with remote rear shock that greatly improves the URT design.

New hoops. The Bontrager hoops going to another build. I couldn't pass these up, I actually bought three pair for under $400. Nashbar closeout sale. You can never have to many wheelset's :D mantra carbon 008.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum but i have been collecting Mantras for ten years...
Is there a current forum for Mantra owners?

Not sure how to put pictures on yet?

Re:

wow cactus outside in feb?

What is the avg temperatures you get there?

Also do you know if brits are allowed to buy holiday homes in the US and spend, say, 5 months a year there?

Obs I would have to pay local taxes and health ins?

ps that bike is look like a right peach good job

Latest posts

Back