My Holdsworth special 1971......

howlindawg":tyfollf1 said:
Collier_mk2":tyfollf1 said:
howlindawg":tyfollf1 said:
What's going on with the downtube shifters and cables? :?
Well the frame had no braze ons for the cables for my mirage set up,so I ordered some Campag shifters so I could use the bracket part only and then i would be all good but.....I love the look of the shifters now :roll: so now I’m in a dilemma,I want to keep shifters for aesthetics but my shifters on brakes for every day use so I came up with this till I can think off something else :facepalm: unless anyone has any suggestions..nice ones I’m not a bike builder and just getting into it so maybe there is something I’ve not seen
Anyway it rides nice lol will look nicer once get my wheel back

Maybe you could use the band to attach adjusters like the image below rather than the shifters?

Or.... keep it as it is until you find what you really need.... from back in the day when bar-end shifters were cutting-edge! :LOL:

Attachments

• B2406D80-6C3C-4179-854D-3C634D652A8A.jpeg
    B2406D80-6C3C-4179-854D-3C634D652A8A.jpeg
    715.2 KB · Views: 535
howlindawg":1qdqizy6 said:
Collier_mk2":1qdqizy6 said:
howlindawg":1qdqizy6 said:
What's going on with the downtube shifters and cables? :?
Well the frame had no braze ons for the cables for my mirage set up,so I ordered some Campag shifters so I could use the bracket part only and then i would be all good but.....I love the look of the shifters now :roll: so now I’m in a dilemma,I want to keep shifters for aesthetics but my shifters on brakes for every day use so I came up with this till I can think off something else :facepalm: unless anyone has any suggestions..nice ones I’m not a bike builder and just getting into it so maybe there is something I’ve not seen
Anyway it rides nice lol will look nicer once get my wheel back

Maybe you could use the band to attach adjusters like the image below rather than the shifters?

49793220421_0d41d3402c_c.jpg
Hi mate Nice bike...yeah I’ve got them off the donor bike but..I like the look off the shifters so I don’t know I need a cable now anyways as it’s got a kink and snagging in outer...and my dream of my sciroccos on it have been dashed so now need some wheels..... it’s never ending :LOL:

Re:

Peachy! I missed one of these on eBay £45 from USA
Gotta be a way of utilising the shifters as I do love the look of them...but love the modern brake/shifters

Attachments

• ACC8D464-FE7B-40EC-BB57-EFFAD3303748.jpeg
    ACC8D464-FE7B-40EC-BB57-EFFAD3303748.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 473
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back