My first "actual" Klein - the Pulse is rising.

Re: My first "real" Klein - the Pulse is rising.

cool story. you need a Brodie in that collection, tho.

Re: My first "real" Klein - the Pulse is rising.

Yesterday was such a nice day. Ideal to take your bikes for a spin:

And a little swiping action in the sun.

A little touch up for the paint. Yea, I know. The colors don't match. But those places will be covered mostly. So I did not care too much.

But looking at it today, I think it would have been better to darken that blueish green at tad, so it does not stick out that much. Ah, well. :roll:

At night, I sneaked down to my man cave and just sat there, watching at the frame....
Then decided it would be creepy just to do that. So I started collecting a few parts out of my stash. Piling them together made me giggle a bit. It will be great. Or I am going mental. One of these two. :LOL:

Yesterday I had the Judys overhauled. New seals and oil for the dampener cartridge, all cleaned and greased. Then fitted together with the King.
Today I am trying to decide what crank to use.

I tend towards the Syncros, but it should have the Syncros rings that are now on the RF.
What do you guys think?

Looking good! Think it would be nice to try a pepperoni or p-bone rigid fork on there and make it a light rider for not much effort..

That was my first thought. PBone. But then I did a bit of reading and found that the Pulse is suspension corrected. And was meant to have a biongy fork. So Judy it is.

Made some progress today. Decided to use the Syncros crank but with better matching Syncros ring. Also redid and fitted the drivetrain.

But I am having troubles with the rear brake cable situation. I just cant make myself to like this solution, where the cable is slowly sawing through the cable stop. Was it really meant to be like that? What were they thinking?
Of course I could just use a liner through the hole of the "cable stop" but how long would it take until the liner would be worn? 2 days?

Well I am just jealous of you being able to work on your bikes and ride them at the same time, meanwhile I am here sitting in my apartment with my man cave with all goodies in it 3000km away from me. I just hope I will have some of my collection moved here to Sweden. But soon Brodie will be finished so at least I will get to enjoy riding it.

I think you should have darken that color little bit, it is not too late, right?

I would have to say in this case that m900 cranks look the best, than syncros and than RF.

As for cable routing, I believe it is the way it supposed to go. Liner used to be thicker, at least the one I used to have. Maybe you can get suitable substitution in some hardware stores in form of electrical isolation cable.
The thing is that even that rear cable stop should only be wide enough for liner to go through, but maybe I am mistaken.

Hi Dare! I am always waiting to see some progress on your brodie. I hope you will soon be able to post some nice "on the road" pics :D

I had to rush this build a little bit, cos I want to take the bike for a ride tomorrow. So I had to use some pedals I otherwise wouldn't. But I was able to finish 98% of the bike and take it for a little spin. To adjust the "transmission" and take a few photos at my usual spots.

Seems I finally found the right spot for that one green aluminum bolt I had lying around for so long. :LOL:

So what do you guys think? :mrgreen:

(Edit: please ignore those "idiot's work" on the first pic. I did not notice it until now... :oops: )

Back