My 1993 Raleigh Peak, building up.

That looks very smart, especially because of the contrast between the colour of the frame. I've been looking for the same type as the original from the Summit but cannot find it anywhere, so will need an alternative if I'm going to finish this before the summer is done. Thanks.

Same as you, I gave up looking for the original type of seat post and golden colour.

Decided the post needed to be black so specifically looked for black posts and the clamp on this XLC made me get it.

One of the bottle cage bolts rounded off and was tight.
Only had large mole grips, couldn't get in there, thought would have to cut the cage up to get in there.
Happened to be going to Asda so had a look in the car and DIY section and saw some small mole grips for £4.
Bought them and got the bolt out.

Quick question, got new chain with 116 links but unsure how long the chain should be.
Anyone else with a Summit, Peak, Apex, Ravine etc will probably know.
Thanks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Learnt something new today, M563 chain rings are not the same as M560 chain rings.

Might re paint these latest ones gloss black.

Bought a set of cranks as they are in very good condition but chain rings don't fit.

Back