MTB club rule says hardtail or full suspension only

Re:

legrandefromage":1cc7whk6 said:
'Bike park'

Sums it up in two small words.
. . .
Just ride whatever bike wherever and however you want, but put competitiveness to one side and just enjoy the fact that you are alive

^This^.

That's the most oddly worded "rule" i've ever seen. Sounds more like a guideline/warning

"Rides are suitable for conventional & electric mountain bikes, hardtail or full suspension only"
....so if you turn up on something stupid you might break it, fall off or get left behind.......

Unless you know what you're doing. TBH, the last MTB club ride i did, 99% of it i could have got round quicker than most of the riders on my CX bike, the 1% i'd probably have run (and only been a little slower.....)

Re: Re:

yakboy":1djihb06 said:
Oooo I don't know about that Peachy, last time out in Dalby was on the Fatbike( between lockdowns), I has some E-bike full suss weekend warriors up my backside for a few sections, they were whinging and moaning at being stuck behind me on the ups but funny thing was they couldn't keep up with me on the downs :LOL:

I'd shout back and say turn the bugger off, then you'll stop moaning.

Re:

Why join in with an exclusive group anyway?

Turn round, find another or dont bother.

They will read all this and regard you as bitter.

“I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member”

Clubs - isn't that a roadie thing?

Re: Re:

marc two tone":14v9hl0s said:
Why join in with an exclusive group anyway?

Turn round, find another or dont bother.

They will read all this and regard you as bitter.
Not bitter. Just rather puzzled as to what that rule is supposed to achieve.

In my opinion it's far better to provide a detailed route description, and emphasise the importance of only attending easier rides at first if you're not sure of your fitness and ability.

Back