** Mountain Mayhem 2022 - ITS ON ! (in a fashion)

Pat is very pleased with how the event panned out. Next year will hopefully be a bit bigger with more categories and possibly distance/time. Alex (his son) is now the main man but Pat does have some input and the two of them come up with some really good ideas. A better RB representation next year perhaps?

Saturday was a great success I thought. I was wearing my 2019 retrobike jersey, so you may well have spotted me.

I was on crutches in March of this year with a torn calf, so this was my first outing in a long while, so was pleased with my 4 laps as part of a pair.

I was on a modern 1.12 and much to the amusement of the naysayers on here, I did indeed snap the chain! Luckily it happened off the track and I had a spare so was able to sort it out! Given my lack of fitness the dinner plate cog got me round.

As Al said was dominated by local club riders and some of those lads were seriously strong.

I had secured us our own field for 2020 but that when tits up ,I messaged the MM team today to see if things were a go go for next year .so far they are happy that it will go a head

Saturday was a great success I thought. I was wearing my 2019 retrobike jersey, so you may well have spotted me.

I was on crutches in March of this year with a torn calf, so this was my first outing in a long while, so was pleased with my 4 laps as part of a pair.

I was on a modern 1.12 and much to the amusement of the naysayers on here, I did indeed snap the chain! Luckily it happened off the track and I had a spare so was able to sort it out! Given my lack of fitness the dinner plate cog got me round.

As Al said was dominated by local club riders and some of those lads were seriously strong.
Nice work, defo saw you in the pits just as I started lap 3.

Back