Mountain biking vs. road biking - physiological differences etc.

I find them both enjoyable, for me road cycling is usually a point to point ride, controlled, predictable, smooth and rythmic.

Add in car, it becomes less enjoyable.

Off road more adventurous, where does that path lead, stop for a rest, crack open a flapjack, take a picture etc.

Not to throw petrol on the thread but I've met more 'nobs' on Road bikes that Mountain bikes.

I find them both enjoyable, for me road cycling is usually a point to point ride, controlled, predictable, smooth and rythmic.

Add in car, it becomes less enjoyable.

Off road more adventurous, where does that path lead, stop for a rest, crack open a flapjack, take a picture etc.

Not to throw petrol on the thread but I've met more 'nobs' on Road bikes that Mountain bikes.
To be fair and honest, I have met far more nobs on road bikes, I think it's the lycra, it does funny things to a man. Women don't seem to be adversely affected by lycra though.
All joking aside, bikes are bikes, people are people, nobs are nobs.

Could the two actually complement each other - physiologically speaking ;)

imagegallery-634-54d22a971692c.jpeg

NB: Bell polystyrene lid very dorky. Cloth cap sub-zero cool. :p

See what I've done there, bought the helmet debate in to help this thread a long. 🔥

Could the two actually complement each other - physiologically speaking ;)

imagegallery-634-54d22a971692c.jpeg

NB: Bell polystyrene lid very dorky. Cloth cap sub-zero cool. :p

See what I've done there, bought the helmet debate in to help this thread a long. 🔥
I'd like to know more about the Raleigh on the left though.

Back