Merlin Works CR AKA When Dylan Went Electric

Nice ride though Ed, is it 6/4? Owning a lesser ti bike of a similar vintage I would agree they are good, still enjoying mine despite having owned it 6 years. The ti ride is pretty classic, if done right like steel but more so. Idly think about replacing it but can't think what would actually better it.

Nice build too. Agree a flatter stem would look cleaner. Some classic merlin decals would work a treat also. Surely deserves better hoops, something like a krysrium surely?

I think it's the 3/2.5 version but not 100% certain.

The build is already evolving - a flatter stem has been sourced and a variant on the classic Merlin decals is in the pipeline. As for wheels, planning on fitting some Mavic Open Pro ceramic with X Ray spokes on King that have been idle in the shed although the red hubs will clash something rotten.

First big ride could well be L-B-L although I'm torn as I really want to ride some old steel. Whichever I choose, I'm sure I'll regret it. Which is just as it should be.

ededwards":3m3klv1w said:
First big ride could well be L-B-L although I'm torn as I really want to ride some old steel. Whichever I choose, I'm sure I'll regret it. Which is just as it should be.

Have someone follow you in a car and swap bikes half way round, then you can feel like a real pro :cool:

Build now updated with a super aggressive Thomson stem, the bling wheels mentioned above and some period incorrect decals. Did me proud round LBL and also a stealthy assault on most of the Etape Cmyru route on Saturday, including some unscheduled offroad.

Just need a 10 degree Thomson X2 and I reckon it's done.

Attachments

• Merlin.jpg
    Merlin.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 260
^ Has something of a 'proto' look about it - none-the-worse for that, mind. When you've finished running down innocent dogs with it, I'll take it on (I'm a better fit for it fo sho)...

Latest posts

Back