Mer mer mer mer MERCIAN!!

I was foolishly hoping it won’t get much attention....
The thing that concerns me is no-one seems to hold onto it for very long.

It's been bought and sold at least three times in the last 5 years.

Appearance wise, it looks exactly the same as it did in 2016.

So to me, it either rides like a pig or it's too nice and people are more concerned about damaging it than being able to actually enjoy it !

It probably rides... well, specifically or at least different from 90s mtbs. Anyway, it seems the current owner really bought it a couple of months ago, started a build thread on lfgss 2 months ago with the intention of making it lighter and more modern, but realised it is too nice to rebuild.

It probably rides... well, specifically or at least different from 90s mtbs. Anyway, it seems the current owner really bought it a couple of months ago, started a build thread on lfgss 2 months ago with the intention of making it lighter and more modern, but realised it is too nice to rebuild.
Read the thread on LFGSS.

Seller starts off on there saying he bought it off eBay which he told me in response to my recent message that he didn't !

Mmm! Why lie ?

id give him 300 for it, just to sit and look at it.....lol

...so anyhow, I bought it. It’s lovely. The seller was very pleasant and helpful, and no, he didn’t buy it on eBay. He got it off someone on here, actually.

I picked it up and out of necessity put it to test straight away whilst visiting a friend in Bristol. It had no trouble keeping up with my mate’s fat tyre crazy fixed gear contraption, bombing hills at 30-35 miles an hour, climbing, cruising, traversing greens, attending a house party etc. It’s rather sure footed and compliant, with a really responsive back end when served torque. A proper little scrambler. It just puts a smile on your face. It’s a touch small for me but who cares. Even with crumbly Nutraks and rusty nipples it’s perfect. I have replaced the handlebar plugs and the seatpost as it was too short. It’s finished. It will be ridden hard and loved tenderly. Like all my other bikes.

Attachments

• F5A86F82-9401-4ECF-8526-198CF515F1E8.jpeg
    F5A86F82-9401-4ECF-8526-198CF515F1E8.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 37
Happy to hear this has found a good home. Very similar to my regular ride, an Evans Conqest. There’s something special about riding them. They’ve got a bygone elegance and yet are extremely capable.

Attachments

• DDB9F668-B14B-4E04-BD9D-0C4AF51F7427.jpeg
    DDB9F668-B14B-4E04-BD9D-0C4AF51F7427.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 9
Back