Marzocchi bomber. Diagnosis needed.

Can I ask why the leg rotates ?
Because it is a cylinder in a cylindrical hole.

The the brace is cryo/bonded/... (not sure, not really looked in to it) and secured in place by the canti bolt (or replacement bolt if using disc and you really think it needs to look tidy). Otherwise the usual forces from the independent leg movement, the well twisting etc, just break whatever seal there was.

The warning.

And some photos from someone trying to sell a spare they pulled from a fork.
But nice photos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708_190746_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708_190746_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220709_063518_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20220709_063518_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220709_063506_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20220709_063506_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 13
Monolith? Oil? Precision fittings? Bolts?
Oil?

What is this and, why does my brain hurt.

Leaf springs for me!

Seriously though, thanks for the info.
@FluffyChicken when i attend the cottingham jumble (or other opportunity) you can have them to get some use out of. Free.

Because it is a cylinder in a cylindrical hole.

The the brace is cryo/bonded/... (not sure, not really looked in to it) and secured in place by the canti bolt ...
Correct. And the forks using this '3 parts casting' I have opened (some X-Fly's) had 2 seals (o-rings) on each side in it to seal it.

I too have a set of Flylight Airs on my Kona Stuff - nice set of forks which like yours have very slight oil seepage at the joint but hold air just fine. I've just taken a chance on these shoulder bolts from eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200994813385?var=500206016465) so I'll update if they fit 🤞
Ha! Nope - thread is far too coarse (apart from the fact that I also mis-measured the shoulder) 😞 Guess I shall just have get used to the look with the brake studs in place.
IMG_E5820.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back