Martrac - Fillet Brazed Reynolds from Middlesbrough.

Thanks to the wonders of the internet I have found your thread. Obviously I am far to late but I can confirm that that was , I think, the first ATB frame that Martin made. It was a very early crossover, in the days when they had just brought out narrow section rims for ATBs. The idea was for a fast cross-country/road bike.
If I remember rightly, the Campagnolo group set was one of the first in the UK and it was a pain to fit! Twist grip changers were very sensitive.
I think that Martrac made one other ATB frame before I ceased trading, also for one of my customers.
Ken Stubbs

Thanks to the wonders of the internet I have found your thread. Obviously I am far to late but I can confirm that that was , I think, the first ATB frame that Martin made. It was a very early crossover, in the days when they had just brought out narrow section rims for ATBs. The idea was for a fast cross-country/road bike.
If I remember rightly, the Campagnolo group set was one of the first in the UK and it was a pain to fit! Twist grip changers were very sensitive.
I think that Martrac made one other ATB frame before I ceased trading, also for one of my customers.
Ken Stubbs
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your post - its great to hear about the bike from someone who 'knew it' back in the day. Was it made for one of your customers or for someone in the company? Must have cost a few quid either way.

Your information is actually very well timed - its taken while but the seat tube has been repaired by Dan Chambers and paint & decals are being done as we speak by Kevin Winter.

I'll update with pictures etc once I get the frame back.

By the way Ken - you don't have any 'Built by Ken Stubbs' stickers left for added authenticity do you? :cool:

Last edited:
I somehow missed this first time around. Looks like I've tuned in at a good time! What a great job 😍 Dan always comes up with the goods and that paint is looking great too. Looking forward to seeing more

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is relevant but you should know that there is a part of English frame building in Ukraine, and sorry for my English, I have low practice of it)

Attachments

• Mytrac (1).jpg
    Mytrac (1).jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Mytrac (2).jpg
    Mytrac (2).jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Mytrac (3).jpg
    Mytrac (3).jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mytrac (4).jpg
    Mytrac (4).jpg