Marin Zolatone appreciation and info thread!

Loving the Eldridge, next on my shopping list me thinks! And that get that Team built up then we can do a Team ride or something!

My mate beavis' mint and original 1991 Pine Mountain. You don't see many in this condition ;)

Attachments

• BDW Pictures. 002.jpg
    BDW Pictures. 002.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 679
wookiee":3v7ystrb said:
Loving the Eldridge, next on my shopping list me thinks! And that get that Team built up then we can do a Team ride or something!

The Team is deffo next on the list to be built. Will keep you posted!
Will probably get the forks, bars & stem re-sprayed at some point. Who have you used for yours? Looking forward to seeing the results.

little markie":1v8entfa said:
wookiee":1v8entfa said:

The Team is deffo next on the list to be built. Will keep you posted!
Will probably get the forks, bars & stem re-sprayed at some point. Who have you used for yours? Looking forward to seeing the results.

Mine are still at the coaters at the mo. A place up north called LSN by recommendation from Marctwotone, who is also being my middle man. I sent them to him and he has taken them to LSN personally and will collect then post back to me! Good bloke! And for a resonable price also, forks, bars and stem for £25...

ok reallly???

The All-Purpose, Long Lasting Multi-Use Coating

With Zolatone's substrate versatility, your imagination is the product's only limitation. This attractive, cost effective, and durable coating provides a fabulous look on a variety of surfaces; including ferrous metals, aluminum, plastics, fiberglass, wood, ceramic, and glass.1

Zolatone's durable finish requires no special maintenance and can be washed and waxed just like paint. Zolatone resists many common solvents. Most soiled areas are easily cleaned up. Over time, even a durable coating like Zolatone, with its unique properties, can eventually be damaged. However, its formulation allows for repairs and maintenance without extensive preparation. Simply clean up the damaged area with a wax and grease remover, re-prime if necessary; then spray Zolatone and allow to dry. In most instances, it can be repaired in the field. When dry, Zolatone both blends in and adheres to itself with virtually no visible repair marks; another time and cost savings benefit.

Zolatone is a durable coating that resists wear from abrasion, scratching, and chipping in normal everyday use. Far tougher than regular paint, Zolatone offers you one of the most unique and dependable coatings available today! When used with Zolatone Z91 Basecoat Primer-Sealer, Zolatone 20 Series can also help protect against rust and oxidation. With the abrasion and chip resistance of Zolatone, it will be difficult for rust to get started.

Long after regular paint has faded, scratched, or chipped off, a Zolatone finish still looks great. Zolatone's multi-colored, textured surface provides a unique benefit by fooling the eye so that dents, dings, sanding scratches, weld marks, and other defects in the metal seem to disappear. Even the beaten-up beds of old work trucks can look terrific with Zolatone.

Zolatone's unique proprietary formula sprays on like paint. Application is a simple 3-step process. First, after surface preparation, Zolatone's appropriate basecoat primer-sealer is applied. Then, the Zolatone color background coat is sprayed on using high pressure to create a continuous film of protection. Finally, the color pattern coat is sprayed at a lower pressure to provide the full textured, multi-colored effect of Zolatone.

For enhanced water and chemical resistance, without sacrificing adhesion or impact resistance, our Quick Step Catalyst is designed for use with Zolatone 20 Series. The use of this catalyst is strongly suggested and is to be used if higher performance of Zolatone 20 Series multicolor is desired.

...Well you did ask! As far as I can tell its still in use today in the auto and marine world. I think its a plastic ball type coating a bit like a course powder coat. The best description I can give is that it is the texture of about 800 wet and dry! To me coupled with the neon forks gives a sweet look!

Hi, newbie here. Big fan of the Zolatone Marins and looking to pick one up after I've done my 94 Fisher Advance. Anyway, after looking through a number of posts on here about the impossibility of recreating Zolatone paint I thought i should say a few words that may offer some hope to make it a definite possibilty. I used to work on the now sadly departed Harrier aircraft and remember some parts being painted with something that VERY closely resembled the Zolatone finish. I think it was used as anti erosion paint on leading edge areas. It felt like rubber but had a perfectly smooth matt finish. I am going to ask at the paintshop at work tomorrow if the guys there might be able to get hold of some and try it out. I shall let my findings be known to you guys as soon as I can. :)

Rob

Back