For Sale MARIN Bear Valley SE 1994

Biospace

Retro Newbie
The frame is marked from years of (lightish) use, the Quake 7 tyres have some cracks appearing and the saddle is scuffed through in the usual places, yet I will see this go with a heavy heart. I'll be advertising my LavaDome in a bit, if that sells first I'll see if this can be squeezed in, but I'm informed as the children only have one bike each, having half a dozen is excessive (pah!)

Last year the frame was given a light rubbing down then relacquered to seal the bare patches and spots of light corrosion from the elements, I do like the lived-in look of a quality bike but appreciate some don't - if it were to be repainted, there aren't any dints or dents. I had the forks rebuilt at the same time, they're original, in fine condition and work smoothly, the elastomers are for medium to firm for an 85kg rider. No corrosion markings on the stanchions.

This year I've replaced the cassette and chain, rear cables, stripped, cleaned and regreased the hubs (not a single ball needed replacement to my surprise) and even the pedals are occasionally dosed a little oil and grease, the jockey wheel bearings are kept clean and greased. I finally tired of the original cantis and replaced them with some NOS Aceras which are an improvement on Marin's oddball ones, both wheels can be locked on dry tarmac.

17½ frame, Tange Custom tubing, "ultra-light"
Mavic 238 rims
Shimano STX groupset
Marin Quake 7 tyres
Rockshox Quadra 21 forks

P1030370.jpeg

P1030383.jpeg

It rides beautifully.

I'm asking just £150, not sure if that's somewhere near or miles off? Collection from North Yorkshire, or can post for £30.

Attachments

• P1030386.jpeg
    P1030386.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 37
  • P1030387.jpeg
    P1030387.jpeg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back